Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lambzy)
    Your still in the older buildings, but don't think you'll hear the trains as much. not much difference in the layout of the buildings, just the fact there older and have more problems....

saying that i was in 15, one of the later buildings and we had massive water damage in our hall way. you couls see the water running down the walls when ppl upstairs would go for a shower
    hehe i thought that was from water fights...

ReputationRep:
    well the water fights didn't help but the damage was already done

ReputationRep:
    you're an idiot.

What were you expecting? A penthouse suite? **** me, it's student accomodation.

the key word there, is student. you know, little money, basic living etc.

The rooms in courts are perfectly adequate, they're big, plenty of storage and sport an en-suite bathroom. It's fine for living during term time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dougy_S)
    Court 1 is fine, the rooms are bigger than court 5-12 anyways! Same size as court 13-17, although towards the end of the year a builders yard popped up next to the courts at that end (infront of court 1) and it got a bit noisey at times!
    Just throw stuff at them haha!
    I'll be sure to find something useful to throw just incase :yep: Thanks :]

ReputationRep:
    does that mean court 4 are bigger rooms?

will it look like this

is there a microwave...

ReputationRep:
    it wont look like that. thats like one thats been super done up... the kitchen is imaculate, which mine most certainly wasn't.

ReputationRep:
    LOL

i dont know the word for the room/area, i guess i am thinking of lounge, lol i am assuming there are just some chairs and a tv in the corner of that room with the kitchen???

ReputationRep:
    theres some chairs, but there not very cumfy, and you'll be lucky to have a tv... you will only get a tv if the year before left one in there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ThirdLion)
    does that mean court 4 are bigger rooms?

will it look like this

is there a microwave...
    Courts 1-4 and 13-17 have the same layout, rooms are same size (unless u get a spare disabled room, then u get a double sized room )
    Courts 5 - 12 are different shaped, so some rooms are smaller, but to be honest each room is plenty big enough!

ReputationRep:
    yay big room for my big arse

no tv, thats madness i hope someone brings one because i'm not, LOL.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by James_Perrott)
    I got my accommodation letter through this morning.

I'm in the Brayford Campus:

Court 04
    Apartment 02
    Room 2

Anyone else get there's to put up here?

I was in court 4 apartment 2 last year!!!! (Room 1). Think yourself lucky your not in room 1, which is one brick away from the stairs basically, the noise from people walking up the stairs was pretty loud and irritating.

Apart from that (which doesnt affect you anyway), there was nothing wrong with it at all, size of the rooms is fine, as far as i remember, everything works fine aswell (never a bad thing).

ill give you two things to look out for- the kettle in the kitchen, whether they replace it or not i dont know, but thats mine!!! i replaced ours last year after our old one broke.

the other thing to look out for is the disgusting red curtains in room 1- they replaced them about 4 weeks from the end of the year, coz i had some really crappy lime green ones, which didnt block the light out at all!

Have fun!!! haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ThirdLion)
    court 4, apt 11 lambzy, any ideas?

ta
    I was in court 4 apartment 12 last year, which is across the hall. Aprt 11 is on the first floor (so one set of stairs to go up). There's four other apartments of six people in the same block of court 4 (apartments 1-8 of court 4 are in the bigger section, 9-13 are in the smaller). The top apartment of that block has a balcony.

Court 4 is one of the furthest away from the uni itself, you might already know that, but its still only about five minutes walk, and you're one of the closest to the accomodation office, so the post and laundry aren't far to walk.

That's all I can think to tell you right now.

ReputationRep:
    thanks man, shame i wanted to be on the top how many floors are there? and how many people in each appartment?

ReputationRep:
    There's three floors in your part, four in the bigger bit. 6 people per apartment.

ReputationRep:
    am i ground floor or 1 up

ReputationRep:
    You're one floor up.

ReputationRep:
    so who's in court 4 apartment 2??

own up own up!

ReputationRep:
    just got mine through yesterday :-)

Harvey halls 1
    room 23

which is funny because last year after 23 the movie came out we spent band camp in an old castle freaking out the cello tutor by writing it every where
    and the quiz was based round 23
    like whats liam's age - 23
    whats miss bailie's age backwards - 23

so am quite chuffed, definately wont forget my room number now :-)

ReputationRep:
    Do we have to take our own bedding?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Flickaa)
    Do we have to take our own bedding?
    If you are staying in any student accomodation yes you will...a mattress and bed stand will be provided, along with a desk/chair/cupboard/drawers and so on.

If you are in Junxion/pavillions they are double (well, 3/4 double size beds), Halls/Brayford Quays/Park Court are all single (as far as i remember)

For all your kitchen and bedroom accessory needs...there is an Argos Extra behind Debenhams (next to The Junxion (big Blue/Tan brick building) outside the front of the university library) almost all your stuff can be brought from there...cant find it just ask someone in the street and im sure they will direct you! Good luck moving in! (by the way...currently Argos have buy one get one free on a few student items...so take advantage!)

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18
  • University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18
  • University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Mon, 7 Jan '19
Poll
Do you like exams?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.