83.51%
No/Not that I know of. (16)
16.49%
Reue
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I remember there being a massive head lice outbreak at my primary at least once every year.. And everyone getting the infamous letter home to check their children's hair.

We all got given these special combs so didnt have to use the horrible chemical stuff.

Always found it strange that its so common in children but not in adults??
Fillette
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Yes I did. I was living in France at the time, and my then best friend gave them to me as a parting gift before coming to England :rolleyes: when I was 8. They lasted ages for me because I have long thick hair. I finally managed to get rid of them when I was 9 through drowning them in lots of conditioner... It was very gross!
Music Is My Boyfriend
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Reue)
I remember there being a massive head lice outbreak at my primary at least once every year.. And everyone getting the infamous letter
Yeah that was the same in my primary.
I have two younger siblings too so even after I left they used to pass them to me :mad:
necessarily benevolent
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I also remember, when I was about 10, I went to a Chinese restaurant with my ma, da and bro. My mother is a little mad and paranoid so she dragged us out of the place when she saw a woman picking stuff out of her kid's hair. It turned out to be crumbs of prawn crackers. :rolleyes:

How embarrassing.
Democracy
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
No, I dunno why though since everyone else had them.
ILILILILIL
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Yeah, me and my sister caught it off our cousins when I was about 4/5.

That special headlice shampoo + nit comb = gone.

Never had an outbreak in infant/juniors though.
ieuano
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
ive had them, damn things!
Redpanda91
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Whedonite)
Dysentery!? Was your primary school located on the eastern front or something?

Just... how? (i'm not being rude, i'm just fascinated)
I had dysentry when I was about 4, the toilets at my old primary school before it was rebuilt were foul.. probably those.
bballer4life
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
i never had them!!

i remember in primary school though, the nurse would come, and call us out of the class one by one, and if u had lice, she wouldnt be sent back into the class.
the tension of going out there whilst she checked our hair :eek:

but i never had it
Redpanda91
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
And oh yeah I had headlice more than once in primary school. Never in secondary school but I did get a letter once saying someone in my class had one.. of course being year 8/9 at the time everyone was like "it's you isn't it?" *pointing at the least popular member of the class* evil children.
MazalTov89
Badges: 9
Report 10 years ago
I never did, although there was a headlice pandemic in our school when I was 10. So to prevent me from getting them, my parents shaved my head
Etai Yazi
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I had them for so long. They were more or less invulnerable to anything I used to try and rid myself of them! In the end I had to use Derbac, and it stunk so bad when I went back to school, everyone at school knew I must've had them. >_< At least I tried to rid myself of the little buggers!

I use Tea tree shampoo at least once a week now, just because I'm paranoid, and as soon as anyone mentions the word 'nit' I'm off to fetch the comb. I suppose it wasn't too bad though, we used to miss about half an hour of classes to go visit Nitty Nora the Bug Explorer!
music is my girlfriend
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I got headlice several times. My hair was really thick..

We didn't usually use the free combs - my mum tried one once and it yanked a whole lock of hair out of my head..
purple-girl
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I had them in yr 6, and it took ages to get rid of them =). I remember having to use the lotion stuff, and those combs, but it still took ages =).
free_the_mind
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Lol i remember having them and then getting another letter from school the next week saying the same thing I think they just routinely sent them out to keep the school headlice free
pink_lucie
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
allllll the time i got bullied supid mum not getting rid of them
hattilongsoks
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
any one else getting an itchy head reading this?!
i had them twice i think, both in primary, was a bit gross and my dad and bro used to get mad at me cos they had to have their heads washed too!
free_the_mind
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Originally Posted by hattilongsoks
any one else getting an itchy head reading this?!
:yep: brings back memories lol.
Escorcio
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
No, I'm black
Spotty Dog
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I'm amazed how many parents wasted money on head lice shampoo! Stick a ****load of cheap conditioner in it, and comb it through with a nit comb. Repeat 4 times (3 days inbetween each) and you should be clear.

Had it in primary school, and secondary school. And numerous times throughout my primary school/nursery school placements. I think childcare work is going to require me constantly checking for the rest of my life.
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you like exams?

Yes (169)
18.59%
No (554)
60.95%
Not really bothered about them (186)
20.46%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed