Im a 14 year old who wants to get a job Watch

This discussion is closed.
abhi100
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
(Original post by electriic_ink)
You won't get a job in a shop. Have you tried....

....washing cars?
....sweeping your neighbours' garages?
Why won't i just read another post about someone who needed to make 500 pounds. His 15 and many people are saying he can get a job at a local shop.
Roobagnall
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Atlot of places insurance wont cover anyone under 16 so at 14 youve got no chance...

Try a bars and see if they need pot washers or glass collectors; if you dont mind late nights that it.
electriic_ink
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by abhi100)
Why won't i just read another post about someone who needed to make 500 pounds. His 15 and many people are saying he can get a job at a local shop.
But that's a *local* shop and he's almost 16. You're 14 and looking at Woolworths and Subway. There's a big difference.
Uncle_fish
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by electriic_ink)
But that's a *local* shop and he's almost 16. You're 14 and looking at Woolworths and Subway. There's a big difference.
I think its the same person similar usernames both looking for jobs both still in school?
Q_M
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by abhi100)
Hello i'm a 14 year old who would like to get a job i have tried calling up places and visited the local big shops e.g. woolworths, subways e.t.c but everyone is saying no. I would love to work weekends somewhere or dont mind doing something from home. Does anyone know what i can do. Please dont say babysitting or cutting neighbours grass. I have done that already and i'm bored of it.
Thank You
Arnt you 15 years old on a different thread about the same topic?
Juggy123
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
hey how you doin mate, well as your 14 i wouldnt stress about the money issue to much, just enjoy life and think about you want to do in the future i.e what would you do with the money. you need an aim think as big as possible.
but if youve thought about it and still want a job youll have to ask family and friends, and general family owned stores. best of luck!
J-OD
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Norfolkadam)
It's hard enough being 17 and wanting a job.
saamee.. and when you get application forms and dont know who to put for referees because its your first job.. and its hard when you live near a studenty area and they take them all. plus i'm unlucky!
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you like exams?

Yes (205)
18.69%
No (665)
60.62%
Not really bothered about them (227)
20.69%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed