How old were you when you had your first mobile phone? Watch

Nitzy
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
15, had a Nokia was simpler times with no colour screens and the only reason for having the phone was to play snake.
lil_devil_becki
Report 10 years ago
I got mine when I was 10/11 I think, but I had a crappy Phillips which couldn't really do anything l remember being told off for using the texting service the first time i came across it and knew what it was.
Valkyrja
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
It was when I did my first ever summer school so probably about 9 or 10....big huge vodafone thing
Jerking My Gerking
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
9, it had a fat ariel! A nokia with a changeable faceplate. If anyone know what it's called, tell me please.
lidskoo
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I think i was about 11. It didn't even have bluetooth, i believe it was called 'infrared' ahaha
Not to mention how ugly it was ¬¬
*Dreamer*
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by FlushTheSystem)
So, how old were you?

Also, do you think it's bad that young children have mobiles? Or do you think it doesn't make any difference?

Share your views on young children and mobile phones. Thanks.
You really like finding out about people's childhoods. I've come across three of your threads already.

But to answer your question I was in year 7.
*Dreamer*
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by lidskoo)
I think i was about 11. It didn't even have bluetooth, i believe it was called 'infrared' ahaha
Not to mention how ugly it was ¬¬
Omgshhh I remember those!! I keep mine in my memory box lol!!!
Ziffachan
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I was 11 I think... my sister was going to live and work in Japan so she gave me her phone because she wouldn't have been able to use it.

I got mine before starting secondary school and I would say that's the best time to get one. When you go to secondary school it becomes more necessary because you're often going to and from school without your parents whereas for most of primary school you go with your parents. And you start going out without parents more as well. But I would say primary school kids don't really need them.
a.sheikh
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
i got my first mobile phone when i was 13... it was sony ericcson z600.... it the was like the best phone at the time ... it was unique since it had this camera bluetooth internet connectivity... etc lol many people liked it.... should young children have mobile mobile phones....? well i think yeah only for their safety and convienice but these youngsters do show off with it a lot which is annoying
Archibald246
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I was 10, it was a 3210 Nokia, then I moved on to a 3310 Those were the days! God I miss snake...
matt2008
Report 10 years ago
Got my first mobile, Sagem My x-1, on my 16th birthday. Now I'm almost 19 and I've got the same one. It's lasting well!!!
FlushTheSystem
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
(Original post by *Dreamer*)
You really like finding out about people's childhoods. I've come across three of your threads already.
I didn't realise. Ha I guess. The past can be very interesting. But I think I'm just having 'one-of-those-days'- don't ask.
thanette
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
16. That was in 2001 thought, when they were just getting widespead.
Carl-Uk
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
14 and it was a very boring Motorola, I never once used it.
d123
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I got my first one when I was 12, only because my secondary school was quite a long way from home, otherwise I wouldn't have got one.

To be honest I don't use it that often even now!

I was one of the last people I knew to get one as well, which is weird. I reckon primary school kids don't really need them!
Absurd
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I was 11/12, I can't even remember what the phone was.
*Dreamer*
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by FlushTheSystem)
I didn't realise. Ha I guess. The past can be very interesting. But I think I'm just having 'one-of-those-days'- don't ask.
There's no problem with it really, I guess we all need to have those days...TSR can get very repetitive.
Serendipity*
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
12, but I was one of the last people in my class to get one. I remember pleading my parents to let me have one. As I do with most things I want lol!
7UP
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Me and my posse cavaliered one each by mugging. I think I was around 5 years of age and I was armed with a pistol and a whip. The first thing I did with it was to cyber bully other children.
I Have No Imagination
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I was 10, I had the Nokia 3310, I thought it was the coolest thing ever!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

Yes (40)
27.78%
No - I got the required grades (86)
59.72%
No - I missed the required grades and didn't get in (18)
12.5%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed