Blondie
    Depeche mode (violator album)
    Edith Piaf

brilliant songs :

Siouxie and the Banshees - Happy House
    Underworld - Born Slippy
    Jefferson Airplane - White Rabbit

ReputationRep:
    the future freaks me out by motion city soundtrack.
    i've not met anybody who doesn't like that song - even my chav brother and his scally mates are partial to enjoying it. ha.

ReputationRep:
    lol i love that song anyways!! =P ok ive taken everyones suggestions, i want like really UPBEAT tunes like cascada and stuff maybe for when im in a good mood.. haha

ReputationRep:
    I swear Cascada use the same beat in every one of their songs.

ReputationRep:
    Ugh Cascada.

ReputationRep:
    Listen to The Decemberists.

Immediately.

ReputationRep:
    Fire - Ferry Corsten.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hobo06)
    Only if the album the song is from is some sort of story like a Rock Opera, else the song on it's own makes perfect sense, whereas a random page in a book would not really.
    i don't mean it in a literal sense. i'm talking about context - you get a better picture of what the artist was doing, rather than just a sample. and the chances are, you're going to like other songs on the album, if not the the album as a whole.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xjust_an_angelx)
    lol i love that song anyways!! =P ok ive taken everyones suggestions, i want like really UPBEAT tunes like cascada and stuff maybe for when im in a good mood.. haha
    well, if you like it upbeat (and i'll let you get single songs instead of albums!) you should get:

Hi Contrast - Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
    Pendulum - Fasten Your Seatbelt, Hold Your Colour, Slam

ReputationRep:
    Alkaline Trio. Erm, some of their upbeat stuff is Mercy Me, Calling All Skeletons....oh, just try anything by Alkaline Trio, it's all amazing.

ReputationRep:
    Good ideas people

the dandy warhols, led zeppelin, bloodhound gang, blur, oasis, daft punk, dan le sac vs scroobius pip for something a bit different, feeder, gwen stefani, the kooks, kosheen, newton faulkner, system of a down, tenacious d, the who.

ReputationRep:
    Bowling for Soup - 1985, Much More Beautiful Person, I'm Gay, Ohio (Come Back to Texas), Belgium
    Foo Fighters - Long Road to Ruin, My Hero, The Pretender, Erase/Replace, Best of You, DOA, Learn to Fly
    HIM - Killing Lonliness, The Funeral of Hearts, Join Me, Beautiful
    Linkin Park - Numb, Crawling, Breaking the Habit, Nobody's Listening, Leave Out All The Rest, In Pieces
    My Chemical Romance - Helena, Cancer, Teenagers, Thank You For The Venom
    Go:Audio - She Left Me, Made Up Stories
    Three Days Grace - Animal I Have Become, Pain

These bands have good songs aswell - Queen, 30 Seconds to Mars, Madina Lake, Finch, Funeral For A Friend, Taking Back Sunday, The Rasmus, Apocalyptica, Red Hot Chilli Peppers, Green Day, Enter Shikari

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Biscuit90)
    ...These bands have good songs aswell - Queen, 30 Seconds to Mars, Madina Lake, Finch, Funeral For A Friend, Taking Back Sunday, The Rasmus, Apocalyptica, Red Hot Chilli Peppers, Green Day, Enter Shikari
    I concur, particularly The Kill by 30 Seconds to Mars, and Johnny Sniper by Enter Shikari.
    Also, Don't Stop by Innerpartysystem.

ReputationRep:
    anything by friendly fires!

ReputationRep:
    Sisqo, Thong Song, or Pop Ya Collar by Usher - some old skool tunes, been listening to them all day

ReputationRep:
    trouble - coldplay

ReputationRep:
    Matisyahu - Jerusalem
    Jamie T - Here's Ya Getaway

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xjust_an_angelx)
    love cascada well go for the old Britney, Christina Aguilera, Rihanna etc

ReputationRep:
    anything and everything by the cure and the smiths and duran duran
    yayuhh

ReputationRep:
    O Mio Babbino Caro - Puccini
    Once Around The Block - Badly Drawn Boy
    Graceland - Paul Simon (whole album, but that song in particular)
    A Lack Of Color - Death Cab For CUtie
    Nightingale - Norah Jones
    Back and Forth - Dismemberment Plan. Get the album, Emergency & I. I had to listen to the album a number of times before I really got it. Now I adore it.

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.