When to apply for internships? Watch

This discussion is closed.
uthinkilltellu
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by La Haine)
If you worry so much about such matters, you have problems. Your entire application doesn't hinge on the day you submit it. My application is so comprehensively superior to my peers that where I to apply on the first day, the last day, or the day after the internship finishes, I'd still get accepted. You lot would do well to learn from me :yy:
surely then, you are too late by about...umm...6 months?

OP: Apply at the end of September, start of October and you'll hit the sweet spot.
J2K
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
On a serious note, are the applications opened yet? Morgan Stanley doesn't seemed to have opened yet. And for some reason, Goldman Sachs' Investment Banking Division hasn't got a vacancy in London for summer internships?

- Jeff
Leprechaun
Badges: 0
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by J2K)
On a serious note, are the applications opened yet? Morgan Stanley doesn't seemed to have opened yet. And for some reason, Goldman Sachs' Investment Banking Division hasn't got a vacancy in London for summer internships?

- Jeff
This is completely unrelated but I love your explanations of economic issues! :yep:
Admonitor
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Sorry, with this "don't apply on the day applications start/too early" I assume that means don't submit the application early, rather than starting to fill in the online application (but not submitting it) early?
Leprechaun
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Admonitor)
Sorry, with this "don't apply on the day applications start/too early" I assume that means don't submit the application early, rather than starting to fill in the online application (but not submitting it) early?
Yes, because you can always revise your application if you haven't submitted it. It will also save you time later if you finish the tedious "why xyz" questions and just save them online.
uthinkilltellu
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Admonitor)
i see no discord with submitting early... but yes, its not when you start filling it in, but when you submit the form. although, i'm pretty sure the HR are able to see both dates.
Admonitor
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by uthinkilltellu)
i see no discord with submitting early... but yes, its not when you start filling it in, but when you submit the form. although, i'm pretty sure the HR are able to see both dates.
Thanks (and Leprechaun too)..I'd rather get the slow stuff done earlier so I know where I stand with what I need to fill in, etc.
AnotherIBer
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by uthinkilltellu)
Do you really think HR have time to bother with commenting on these dates...They have thousands of applications to look through there for relevant in my view.

You guys are diggin into this too much just finish your app and send it in at the end of the week if you have a certain opinion.
Admonitor
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
One final question. Is it better to wait until the start of the university term, when I'm registered etc) to apply, or is it acceptable to apply with an unconditional offer but not actually at the university yet? This is for a spring internship.
AnotherIBer
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
For spring internships they won't even bother until they sort out summer. I applied in Nov. which is when the eager ppl start to apply it's still way to early for that.
Drogue
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by bhangrabeats)
Just a quick question...when should we start applying for internships for next summer?
(Original post by shuvle)
between now and December. End of thread.
(Original post by Redeyejedi)
To give you a serious answer, from my experience (fairly limited), the earlier you apply, the better. Applying early does you no harm. Applying later in the day probably will. End of.
Question asked, question answered.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you chained to your phone?

Yes (102)
19.81%
Yes, but I'm trying to cut back (210)
40.78%
Nope, not that interesting (203)
39.42%

Watched Threads