(Original post by Manalishi)
    RS account + Firefox downthemall =
    how?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mos Def)
    how?
    ... which part?

ReputationRep:
    if your downloading "dodgy" files, which anyone who follows links to rapidshare enough to be getting annoyed by it is, then just use torrents.

I saw the light and never went back!

ReputationRep:
    I always get horrible download speeds on rapidshare, its a total pile of crap!

ReputationRep:
    Rapidshare throttle speed to about 80kb/s now! And it seems to reduce by 10kb/s every few minutes! I could get probably about 1.3mb/s if I had a premium account. But I'm not going to bother... just yet anyway. I don't use rapidshare for illegal stuff, never! :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A_Fictitious)
    if your downloading "dodgy" files, which anyone who follows links to rapidshare enough to be getting annoyed by it is, then just use torrents.

I saw the light and never went back!
    With torrents, some stuff I'm after won't have many seeders, and I get a better speed on Rapidshare (my internet connection is gash!) than torrents. Plus, if you're in uni and torrents are banned but direct downloads are allowed, it should work fine.

ReputationRep:
    lesson number one in the How to Post on TSR guide:

If it's something on the wrong side of the law, being deliberately vague FTW.

When people mention specifics, it gets them in trouble. Now, i'm going to *assume* the OP is talking about a big movie that is legally available to download, such as one made by a friend, because they have not mentioned otherwise.
    Everyone else who started jabbering about illegal downloading and stuff, that's a lovely assumption to make, congratulations, and now instead of trying to get the OP in trouble (when, far as i can tell, they have asked a perfectly acceptable question, and therefore, trying to get them in trouble is a pointless exercise because you have no proof it's illegal) why don't you find something better to do?

NOTE: I am not condoning illegal activity. However, it is entirely possible to ask a question in such a way that you get help without getting in trouble because we have to assume one way and i tend to assume on the legal side and help those who need it.

ReputationRep:
    Rapget is designed specifically for the queuing of files. I've used it for as long as I've had my RapidShare Premium Account and had very few problems.

:nod: at olileauk

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 3105)
    Rapget is designed specifically for the queuing of files. I've used it for as long as I've had my RapidShare Premium Account and had very few problems.

:nod: at olileauk
    i downloaded that programme, just wondering, in the bar at the top (the thing with the green plus beside it) do i put in the link to the rapidshare file that i want to download?

because i tried this and in the 'current line info' box it said error.

ReputationRep:
    You really need a RS premium account (it isn't much!) then you put the details of your account into the rapget settings page, and hey presto, you copy a link into it.... it works!!) xx

ReputationRep:
    I'm starting to use RS more often these days. Just takes a while getting used to finding forums dedicated to RS that will be of use to me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rbilling)
    I condone illegal downloading, but people have no right to complain that it's not as easy as legally downloading something. The archives are normally split for a (probable) reason too; if your download fails or you lose a connection you only lose part of the film instead of all of it.
    The reason the files is split is for a reason but not as well thought out as that, the max file size you can upload to rapidshare is now 200mb, before it was 100mb so if you have a 2gb file you have no option but to split it up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BillV3)
    The reason the files is split is for a reason but not as well thought out as that, the max file size you can upload to rapidshare is now 200mb, before it was 100mb so if you have a 2gb file you have no option but to split it up.
    As i understand it though to access files up to 200mb you need a premium account. i think 100mb is the limit for non premium accounts. Btw premium is so much better and worth it!

ReputationRep:
    Rapget also

But prefer newsgroups + newzbin ..

ReputationRep:
    Rapidshare is horrible if you don't have an account, but if you do it's excellent (the 3 day one's a rip off though.) I use FlashGet and the FlashGot Firefox extension and max out my 10 meg connection easily, 1 GB in 15 minutes :coma:

ReputationRep:
    RS > torrents if you have a premium account. Most, if not all, torrents are leaked from the scene down to p2p (which BT is technically classified as). There are better sources than either RS or P2P, but you cant reallt beat RS in terms of content:

Average topsite: 15-30TB
    Torrents: p2p so who knows
    RS: 3.5 petabytes and counting.

If you want your illegal downloads faster, topsites, and some elitist torrent sites (LINK REMOVED for example). RS is usually pretty good though.

Get a premium account> paste links into notepad file>import into flashget. sorted.

ReputationRep:
    Use Torrents, much better.

ReputationRep:
    I <3 my rapidshare premium account. I went back to using free rapidshare once. It made me cry. Much prefer it to torrents, as if you have a good connection then it's much faster.

ReputationRep:
    Flashget will solve all your problems.

Rapidshare. Easy file hosting :cool:

(Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    I'm starting to use RS more often these days. Just takes a while getting used to finding forums dedicated to RS that will be of use to me.
    LINK REMOVED site is the best one. Has a very wide variety of everything whilst being cool to look at :p: I'd recommend LINK REMOVED site as well

ReputationRep:
    Too many people don't seem to understand that linking to filesharing sites or torrent sites, or requesting links to them, is against TSR's rules.

-Locked-

Poll
Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.