do better in A-levels than GCSE's?? Watch

TomLeigh
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I like to think I'm a "late bloomer" too.
A*A*AABBBBBBBD (D in Drama, someone can't act)
AAAC at AS Levels. (Looking at AAAa at A2 (a in Further Maths AS)
theno1
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by A Stranger in Moscow)
They're a vaguely good way of tracking your progress.

If it helps, I'm old (November) and I took my year 9 SATs in year 2 and did very well thank you very much, but only got 4 A* and one A at A level so...I'm getting worse and worse all the time At least the young'uns are improving when it matters. :yep:

:O:O you took your year 9 sats when you where in year 2, so you were like?? 6 or something?
HereIstand
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Godd I hope I can get better A-Levels than I did at GCSE. I got A*Core science, a bunch of ethics and multiple choice questions lol. then I got AAAAAABB the B's were for maths and french. But I got an A for German which should have been an A* but the school ****ed it up. And french I bet I was like 2 UMS off or something.
missygeorgia
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I got A*A*AAAAAAAC for GCSEs, AAAa for A level, which seems like an improvement.
IcEmAn911
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
GCSE's- BCCDDDDDU
GNVQ's- Merit, Merit, equiv. to GCSE's BBBB
A-Level's- CCDE
Undergraduate Degree- 2.1
Postgraduate Masters Degree- TBA
SarahhhD
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I am (hopefully)
I wanna go to hull for Psychology in 09.
(BBC)
My GCSE's were C's and D's

But alot of people do that
prash_s90
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
i went from 3A 3B 4C's at gcse to AAB at alevel ..so ye i guess i just worked hard. And i was born on august 31st !!! so you cant beat that lol :p:
orionmoo
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
GCSE I got AAABBBBBBBE but AS I got AAAC.
I tried to work really hard for my GCSEs but that didnt pay off. So I hardly worked at all for my ASs and it paid off. I mean revision... seriously I hardly did any :\ Read over notes for an hour or so before exam. I probably should of done more...

Also, I was born in September
SarahhhD
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by IcEmAn911)
GCSE's- BCCDDDDDU
GNVQ's- Merit, Merit, equiv to GCSE's BBBB
A-Level's- CCDE
Undergraduate Degree- 2.1
Postgraduate Masters Degree- TBA
^^
Thats maade me think I might be in with a shot at becomming a Psychologist. :yep:
Adverse
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago

If it helps, I'm old (November) and I took my year 9 SATs in year 2 and did very well thank you very much, but only got 4 A* and one A at A level so...I'm getting worse and worse all the time At least the young'uns are improving when it matters. :yep:
??????????????????

Year 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Do you mean second year of secondary school, or actually year 2, because if you were that young and doing that you must of been a genius.
IcEmAn911
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by SarahhhD)
^^
Thats maade me think I might be in with a shot at becomming a Psychologist. :yep:
Most universities don't care about what you got for your GCSE's... well apart from English and Maths! Heck I'm off to the University of Nottingham which says quite a lot!! So I guess they don't really care about my GCSE's especially my D in English!

Good luck in becoming a Psychologist anyway
Danny the Geezer
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
My A-levels were considerably better than my GCSEs. :yep:
trefusis128
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago

Did A*s for A level even exist?
DaveJ
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by trefusis128)
I think he means he got 4 A*s at GCSE, and 1 A at A Level.
Greatleysteg
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I think she means 4A* in her GCSEs (amongst other grades) and 1 A at A Level (again, amongst others).
tishicat
Report 10 years ago
i was born in late august (25th) and i pretty much stay average, lol
GCSE; 4A* 4A 3B 1C
AS: AABBC-not impressed at all but i was just below AAAAB by like 3 UMS points on the lower grades.
DoMakeSayThink
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I was confused by that too, but I assume he means of his GCSEs, there were 4 A*s, and of his A-levels, there was only one A

As for myself, I improved a little from GCSE to A level, as my GCSEs were fairly rubbish. From A* AAAAA BB CC to AABBa (Maths, F. Maths, Physics, Chemistry, Philosophy). Neither set of grades is particularly impressive, but then again, neither is my work ethic.

(Original post by Adverse)
??????????????????

Year 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Do you mean second year of secondary school, or actually year 2, because if you were that young and doing that you must of been a genius.
must HAVE. Sorry to be so pedantic, but that mistake gets to me enormously for some reason. He must HAVE been a genius, not must of.
trefusis128
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Greatleysteg)
I think she means 4A* in her GCSEs (amongst other grades) and 1 A at A Level (again, amongst others).
Ahh I see, I'll blame it on being tired.

Cheers
em165
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by lucho22)
I guess I did - only got 3A* 7A for GCSE - but got 4A's & 2 AEA Distinctions at A2 - one of the A's was in History which I only got an A for at GCSE... Conversely there were quite a few people at my school that got 6A*s or more and then buggered up their AS and A2s. I suppose it just depends what sort of study you're most suited to - GCSE is just fact learning - and AS and A2 require a bit more analysis and interpretation...
Lucho what are these AEA distinction thingys? I've read about them a few times on TSR but dunno how they work. Is it a separate exam or were you just awarded it for your A2 marks?
x
Funguy
Badges: 1
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by boy)
That is rubbish
I agree!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of the Arts London
    MA Design: Ceramics, Furniture or Jewellery Open Day Postgraduate
    Fri, 25 Jan '19
  • Coventry University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Jan '19
  • Brunel University London
    Undergraduate Experience Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Jan '19

Are you chained to your phone?