Drivers for Sony Vaio Watch

Spotty Dog
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
I don't have a "display" option on my device manager list.
Magnum Opus
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Spotty Dog)
I don't have a "display" option on my device manager list.
yup, so right-click on the and update the drivers browsing to those folders

EDIT: oh you dont um lemme think

right ok so if you look at this http://screenshots.leeindy.com/Devic...ce_manager.gif
do you have the "display adapters" bit? that's what you need
Spotty Dog
Rep:
?
(Original post by arisk01)
yup, so right-click on the and update the drivers browsing to those folders

EDIT: oh you dont um lemme think
~EDIT: Nevermind, fixed that.
Magnum Opus
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
~EDIT: Nevermind, fixed that.
yay :yep:
Spotty Dog
Rep:
?
yay :yep:
Seriously, I actually cannot thank you enough.

You've been so fab. <3
Magnum Opus
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Seriously, I actually cannot thank you enough.

You've been so fab. <3
that's ok
would've been much quicker if i had access to a windows machine :rolleyes:

anytime :cool:
Spotty Dog
Rep:
?
(Original post by member9876)
I have damaged my laptop by accident, it wont even turn on and its been like that for 3 months. At first, I was going to remove the hard drive and save all my data but I am not sure how to and rather than it just sitting at home I thought I would sort it out. However, it's from comet so I am giving it to them to fix it as its insured.

What I want to know is, do they take out my hard drive (which isnt damaged) and place a new one in or do they leave that in and will it be wiped. This is as it contains personal stuff...

anyone help me please, its a sony vaio
If they take the hard drive out, they return it to you. That's all I know, really.
Magnum Opus
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I have damaged my laptop by accident, it wont even turn on and its been like that for 3 months. At first, I was going to remove the hard drive and save all my data but I am not sure how to and rather than it just sitting at home I thought I would sort it out. However, it's from comet so I am giving it to them to fix it as its insured.

What I want to know is, do they take out my hard drive (which isnt damaged) and place a new one in or do they leave that in and will it be wiped. This is as it contains personal stuff...

anyone help me please, its a sony vaio
It doesn't sound like a hard drive problem but it's standard practice to wipe the hard drive clean. When you take it in ask them if they can make a back-up of the data on it. If you do it yourself it might void your warranty so it's best to ask them. They might say no then there's not much you can do.
Magnum Opus
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I am not concerned if they wipe the hard drive. I just don't want them not to wipe it, remove it and put it in another laptop to save them money.

I watched a lot of films and have data on it so I don't want them to see that and see I am breaking the privacy act. Obviously if they wipe it I am fine but I just don't want them to give my laptop to someone else.
they won't
Spotty Dog
Rep:
?
I am not concerned if they wipe the hard drive. I just don't want them not to wipe it, remove it and put it in another laptop to save them money.

I watched a lot of films and have data on it so I don't want them to see that and see I am breaking the privacy act. Obviously if they wipe it I am fine but I just don't want them to give my laptop to someone else.
When my computer went into repair with the Tech Guys (who I think Comet use), they took my hard drive out for no real reason known to me. (They said "We had detected problems with it, so removed it"). When asked why it was returned, as it's useless to me now, they said "We legally cannot retain your property. You have paid for the harddrive. The new one is free, but the old one is still your property and so we have to return it."
Magnum Opus
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
do they definetly do that or do they use it on another laptop?

arisk, i added you on msn as i was getting so worried lol
no they won't put it in another laptop without asking/telling you anyway. They have no need to as it isnt a hard drive failure anyway
Magnum Opus
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
When my computer went into repair with the Tech Guys (who I think Comet use), they took my hard drive out for no real reason known to me. (They said "We had detected problems with it, so removed it"). When asked why it was returned, as it's useless to me now, they said "We legally cannot retain your property. You have paid for the harddrive. The new one is free, but the old one is still your property and so we have to return it."
you might as well put it to good use, buy a hard drive enclosure and you'll be able to use it like normal :yep:
member9876
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
no they won't put it in another laptop without asking/telling you anyway. They have no need to as it isnt a hard drive failure anyway
but since it isn't a hd failure wouldn't the hd be useful on another pc. It's a very old model of sony vaio I think.
Spotty Dog
Rep:
?
do they definetly do that or do they use it on another laptop?

arisk, i added you on msn as i was getting so worried lol
If they'e used it on another laptop, I'd be interested to know what this one is...
Attached files
Spotty Dog
Rep:
?
I assumed this. Apparently, it's in the terms and conditions that they can alter the hard drive or replace it if they see fit without your permission (because I argued with them on this point). So they can certainly remove it without your permission.

Apparently, they test every hard drive they receive for faults. (The fault I sent my laptop in for what "The A Key has fallen off." Hardly a hard drive issue. XD)
Spotty Dog
Rep:
?
what I mean is, the same model would surely accept the same HD. Rather than building a new hd for the same model an undamaged hd would work fine no?
Check the picture. They have definately at least returned a hard drive to me. :p:
member9876
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I assumed this. Apparently, it's in the terms and conditions that they can alter the hard drive or replace it if they see fit without your permission (because I argued with them on this point). So they can certainly remove it without your permission.

Apparently, they test every hard drive they receive for faults. (The fault I sent my laptop in for what "The A Key has fallen off." Hardly a hard drive issue. XD)
but that's bad cos they could see what's on my hd:eek:
Spotty Dog
Rep:
?
but that's bad cos they could see what's on my hd:eek:
I think you're going to have to get over this if you're going to send your computer away.

They have better things do with their time than go through your hard drive. Trust me. Mine was packed with hours of illegal music and video, and nothing happened about it.
member9876
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I think you're going to have to get over this if you're going to send your computer away.

They have better things do with their time than go through your hard drive. Trust me. Mine was packed with hours of illegal music and video, and nothing happened about it.
you know if you delete something from recycle bin can they still see that in recovery?
Spotty Dog
Rep:
?
you know if you delete something from recycle bin can they still see that in recovery?
No idea. Seriously, you're going to have to get over this.
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you like exams?

Yes (205)
18.65%
No (667)
60.69%
Not really bothered about them (227)
20.66%

Watched Threads