Turn on thread page Beta

How well behaved is your dog! watch

• View Poll Results: How well behaved is your dog!
    Expelled from puppy classes
    8.33%
    Expelled from more than one puppy class
    2.08%
    House trained...not much more
    33.33%
    Sit, stay, come, heel, down...paw if she feels like it
    54.17%
    Knows the basics and a couple of tricks
    22.92%
    Has a GCD /CGC certificate
    6.25%
    Does a bit of obedience/agility for fun
    12.50%
    Has a title other than CGC.
    2.08%
    PAT dog
    0%
    Crufts Level
    2.08%
    Crufts champion
    0%
    'Proffesional' but being puppy walked (ie possible police/guide dog)
    0%
    We own a police dog
    0%
    We own a guide dog/hearing dog
    0%
    We own a assistance dog
    0%
    We own a medical support dog
    0%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Origami Bullets)
    That's ok, I was just worried that you were being somewhat naieve and you didn't realise that farmers can and will shoot dogs with little compunction

But in a dog's mind there is no difference between a rabbit and a fleeing pet chicken.
    No, no. We have one livestock farmer in the area and he knows Bella. I wouldn't do it if she wasn't safe, believe me.

ReputationRep:
    my dog is the perfect angel :proud:

he knows lots of tricks and we've started agility again although we got a lot of looks from all the collie owners as if to say what the hell is that little fluffy thing doing here, after about ten minutes though they all looked like this :eek: it was so funny mainly because their dogs who had been doing for ages were afraid of the A frame etc but my little baby just shot up over it and had no fear of anything

we were going to do a Good Citizen award but thought it was a bit pathetic as it was really simple so didn't bother

however if you see him with my mum you would think it's a different dog, he's naughty, ignores her and really protective over her if another dog even looks her way he starts growling :no: it's terrible

ReputationRep:
    My dog got more well behaved as he got older, he used to run away loads but when he was older I could take him for walks along the roads without a lead on and when I needed to cross I just said 'wait' and he would sit until it was safe to go. I think he just got to lazy to run away.

ReputationRep:
    The only command my dogs listen to is sit (and they'll only do that when they want to), they do know other commands like heel. But I'm sure they disobey deliberately by the way they look at you as if to say "As if".

ReputationRep:
    My dog used to be really really well behaved but the older she has got and the more uninterested in doing things the worse she has become...maybe she just cant be bothered =p

ReputationRep:
    started agility again although we got a lot of looks from all the collie owners as if to say what the hell is that little fluffy thing doing here, after about ten minutes though they all looked like this it was so funny mainly because their dogs who had been doing for ages were afraid of the A frame etc but my little baby just shot up over it and had no fear of anything
    I know exactly what you mean! Our agilility class most 80% collies, a springer, spinone and my labby! (Who has completed a full fledged course in a record of 28 secs :O )

ReputationRep:
    Hes 10 now, and retired nearly 2 years ago.

ReputationRep:
    I have a beagle. He's extremely naughty, he steals things (mostly socks) and runs off with them and wont give them up unless you throw a treat. He does sit, go round and hold up a paw if you're holding any food as a reward. He only does things for food and isn't very affectionate (unless you have food).

ReputationRep:
    My border terrier dog is so bad. he just wants to eat rats and fight cats all day he is such a very bad dog! :o: :yep:

ReputationRep:
    My dog is rather stubborn (like her owner) She knows sit, down, stay, come but will only do them when she feels like it. When we are on a walk she will come straight away but if there is another dog she ignores me. She always listens to the words toy, dinner, walk and ball though.

ReputationRep:
    I didn't know which option to choose because i wasn't sure what all those meant. My dog is pretty well behaved: i've competed in both agility and obedience. In obedience we were second in 2006 Finnish Championship (under 17). I'm also training one group in agility.

ReputationRep:
    My dog is terrible. You say sit and she begs. You say stay and she pulls or just completely ignores you, she knows the word "treat" "dinner" and "bed" funnily enough though, i think she's just ignorant haha. We never really trained her properly, she's our first dog, so we took her to puppy classes and she was really scared of all the other dogs and hid behind a chair for most of the lessons. She's lovely though, she's not really that naughty, sometimes she gets abit snappy and hates the farmer on his tractor that comes past our house very often and barks for about 10 minutes, but she's a little cutie and i don't really care if she's not that obedient, as long as it doesnt put her or anyone else in danger.

ReputationRep:
    Mine is extremely well behaved sit, stay, come, fetch, down, heel, bed UNLESS there are rabbits, hares or deer about and suddenly she has very selective hearing. She doesn't go after cats (is scared of them), ignores sheep and cows and loves horses. she was brought up around chickens and leaves them alone, but if a pheasant flies up when out walking she is off.
    When we moved to holland she suddenly turned into perfect little dog whch was a bit of a problem as she needs more exercise than simply following along behind you along a track. a 2 hour walk does nothing to get her tired or moving. Luckily she heels to a bike too so gets her runs in.

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.