The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
SilentGirl
So, leicester is PBL ?

No, Leicester is not PBL. There are lectures every day, usually one or two. However, they do put emphasis on group work and every module has some group work. Also we do cadaveric dissection. Funfun.
roberto775544
Sgul 580

Does anyone know whether it's true that SGUL don't use UKCAT as part of the main selection process? I was told at the open day that they only use it to make up the waiting list, or if you're a borderline candidate...
pure luck i tell you! what i revised just happened to come up! Seriously!
Ignoramus
Does anyone know whether it's true that SGUL don't use UKCAT as part of the main selection process? I was told at the open day that they only use it to make up the waiting list, or if you're a borderline candidate...

Correct, its used to do with waiting lists. However i got in with ABB so i presume being on the waiting list doesn't mean much.

Also my friend was guaranteed an offer for SGUL but never got one in the end, despite phoning etc.
SilentGirl
Wow ! How were your GCSEs and As/alevels?

Its nice to see people got in with less than 600...

Im planning to apply to SGUL, I know i have to smash their interview !:o:

Hiya

Gcses: 4A*s 4As 2Bs

As are poor BBBC but resat to AAAB level

A2s were poor ABB - Bs in bio and chem

My interview was amazing though.
Reply 25
roberto775544
Correct, its used to do with waiting lists. However i got in with ABB so i presume being on the waiting list doesn't mean much.

Also my friend was guaranteed an offer for SGUL but never got one in the end, despite phoning etc.

The waiting list is used to give out the remaining offers after interviewing everybody - they find out in April and it seems a fair few people get in off it as well.
Reply 26
I got 632.5 but BBBB in As levels :frown:
ASs seem more important than UKCAT

Has anyone got in with BBBB or lower AS grades?
Reply 27
Doesn't sound like too many people. I just hope my 580 is ok =o
Reply 28
nas7232
Doesn't sound like too many people. I just hope my 580 is ok =o

I know it hurts. I really wanted 600. Now, i had to cross out qmul and kings off my list. 580 isnt bad at all, but there are too many with 650+ :|
Reply 29
I managed it, got 4 interviews and I'm into Leicester
Reply 30
You should be fine, it's not all based on the UKCAT. By the looks of things your grades at GCSE and As are good so i shouldn't worry.
Reply 31
I suppose so.

Ah I really wanted to go to QMUL..oh well. Guess its not in my luck
Reply 32
i got 585 and got 3 interviews, ****ed up them all.
Reply 33
i got around 640 in UKCAT. However in my BMAT i did awful, got 17.1, but imperial still accepted me so i wouldnt worry to much about this annoying tests.
Reply 34
ozd
i got 585 and got 3 interviews, ****ed up them all.

Wow, which uni were they?
SilentGirl

I feel like im gona get rejected from everywhere, especially when people are scraping upto 700 or more.

I think i broke the scroll wheel in my mouse trying to scroll through the grades in your signature.
Reply 36
Chaotic Evil
I think i broke the scroll wheel in my mouse trying to scroll through the grades in your signature.

Oh im sorry !
Reply 37
SilentGirl
Wow, which uni were they?

st andrews, aberdeen, liverpool.
rest of my application was solid.
SilentGirl
I know it hurts. I really wanted 600. Now, i had to cross out qmul and kings off my list. 580 isnt bad at all, but there are too many with 650+ :|

you might want to know it says on the kings website that the lowest score they interviewed last year was 513.
Reply 39
as long as you have an outstanding personal statement/ AS grades or predicted grades / work experience etc. etc.
then the UKCAT plays a little role

( i got in with a ukcat of 500 ):rolleyes:

Latest

Trending

Trending