The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
WOLLSMOTH
You're a moron. You can create such a website as long as the content does not pose an immediate threat. By definition anything written on the internet is NOT an immediate threat.

I know America's SECOND Amendment rights from listening to Hal Turner.

I'm not a moron. I am simply stating the truth. America is one corrupt, doublestandard backward thinking country. Well, the government is anyway.
Reply 21
Jimny
lies

A jury at Leeds Crown Court yesterday found Simon Sheppard, 51, guilty of nine counts of publishing racially inflammatory written material on his website between March 2005 and April 2006. The court heard Sheppard's website attracts 4,000 visitors a day.

eulerwaswrong
its free speech - they can say what they want.

as long as noone acts on the opinions on there i dont have a problem with it - people have th right to opinion and i dont think it is our place to control their opinions.

this is where we draw the line - if anyone acts on that we punish - as long as they do nothing i see no problem

Agreed, unfortunately the UK government seems to have a problem with freedom of speech. IMO there should be no such law as "inciting racial hatred", people should be able to say what they want, whether on the internet or otherwise. ****ing fascist government.
Reply 23
Brilliant, another uneducated moron who doesn't know what the word 'fascist' is. Let me guess.... you're 16? Scrap that, I HOPE you're 16.
The idiots usually post their meeting locations on stormfront thus allowing antifa to bash the fash. Better they're discussing their plans in view of the public than behind closed doors.

Plus stormfront is a great place for harvesting the neo nazi's ip addresses, then you get to create havoc on their computers :biggrin: Simple joys. Alot of them are also stupid enough to use the same myspace name as their stormfront alias, much fun can be had there too.

Edit: Actually for anyone who's interested in messing with stormfront and blood&honour their servers were recently cracked by DataAntifa, the login details and passwords of all users have now been posted on indymedia and revleft.
Sk1lLz
Oh... So if somebody were to create a website on an American server condemning America and it's corrupt world, do you still support this? What about if this website was supporting terrorism?

There is not free speech in America. If I degraded Christianity in America, I'd probably die. There is no such thing as free speech. It simply doesn't exist.

http://www.godhatesamerica.com/

^^^ No free speech? This is from a very American church.
Reply 26
:yep:
pinkpont
Whilst I deplore opinions like this, we would surely end up being just as bad as them by banning such opinions. It's all Nazism one way or another...I hold a similar view on the BNP - by exposing their views to the public, it makes it all the more easy to destroy such ridiculous opinions by reasoned debate. By banning their views, it'd just force it even further underground - keep it out in the open, and simply undermine it.

:yep:
Reply 27
Bubbles*de*Milo
http://www.godhatesamerica.com/

^^^ No free speech? This is from a very American church.

A "very" American church with a worse popularity rating than Mugabe which was recently ordered to pay $10.9m (enough to bankrupt them many times) for picketing a soldier's funeral?

Oh, and that's been branded a deliberate attack on their free speech.
Reply 28
I'm getting an account, should be good banter.
How ironic that some of my posts on this thread have been deleted by overzealous moderators. Freedom of expression indeed...
Reply 30
-Em-
was recently ordered to pay $10.9m (enough to bankrupt them many times) for picketing a soldier's funeral?

Oh, and that's been branded a deliberate attack on their free speech.

I imagine it was really. If they wanted to outlaw picketing funerals, they should just have made a law to that effect.
Reply 31
I just went on that site to see what you were talking about - it made me feel sick. Everyone there was convinced in white supremacy, a jewish plot and that the kkk is good. Eesh, thats given my faith in humanity a bit of a knock...
Reply 32
Why are you giving them publicity? Ignore the idiots.
Reply 33
WOLLSMOTH
Moron. Free speech is legal in America, website = hosted on American servers.

I support the freedom to say all racist and derogetary remarks

free speech goes both ways.

edit, lol typo

I take it that it is the freedom which you support and not the racism?
Reply 34
WOLLSMOTH
Moron. Free speech is legal in America, website = hosted on American servers.

I support the freedom to say all racist and derogetary remarks

free speech goes both ways.

edit, lol typo

I like sophie3 more than you, she talks more sense.
hee hee hee! How stupid! America and the UK have no indigenous ethnicities. The British people came over from Germany (the Angles) and are further mixed due to Norman, Viking, Roman and Danish Invasion and occupation, and the Americas were then colonised by the English. They're both a multicultural hotch-potch of migrant peoples claiming land as their own, and shutting out other migrant peoples. Durrrrrrpppp.

That's like me saying "I announce this square meter of land in my back garden "HOLLYTOPIA" and I will have my own passport, and British people can KEEP OUT" - there's nothing to base that authority on!
ssk2
How on earth are websites such as Stormfront allowed to continue? I know it is an American creation, but there is a UK forum where members mock, ridicule and degrade ethnic minorities whilst planning how to make Britain 'a racially pure nation'. I know we all have the right of freedom of speech, but some of these posts promote another Holocaust. Some of you might say that they're just a deluded minority, but there is a large, dedicated membership base. Maybe I'm just being overly dramatic and its not worth worrying about, but surely this isn't right?! Isn't this inciting racial hatred? Isn't it illegal? Bah..

Let them make their opinions known; then we can avoid them at all cost and refuse to take what they say seriously!
Reply 37
jtf= jewish task force. I stumbled on their website and read some forums and they are worst than the bnp. I thought that after what happened to jewish people in the 1940s (Holocaust) they wouldnt be racist, but i was wrong . On the website they said that all muslim people should be killed and that black people are sub-human, on the it also says that slave trade was good . I was wondering why they havent shut down the website, they even have a radio station. I believe in freedom of speech but websites like this and stormfront should be shut down becuase they are hate sites. There is a difference between freedom of speech and pure racism
Original post by T&#334
I'm getting an account, should be good banter.

I concur!
Reply 39
History Lost in Physics
I concur!

If you start ripping their arguments apart, the moderators won't show them/remove them.

Not worth it.

Latest

Trending

Trending