Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Your chances are very, very slim, if not zero. I would bet my house (on my parents behalf) that you would not get in for Economics.

There are plenty of other good places that you would have a good chance at.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eyatan)
    From what other people have said i dont think i will since it would just be a waste of everyones time. Yep their is that small chance but since i have "2 Soft A-Levels" and Poor GCSEs i dont really think i should try.
    Try if you want, but its a waste of a one of only five choices.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tomoli)
    Your chances are very, very slim, if not zero. I would bet my house (on my parents behalf) that you would not get in for Economics.

There are plenty of other good places that you would have a good chance at.
    Well you say i wont get in for Economics. Would i get in for anything else?.

ReputationRep:
    Management sciences?

http://www.lse.ac.uk/resources/under...ences/N201.htm

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eyatan)
    Well you say i wont get in for Economics. Would i get in for anything else?.
    You would have an average chance for some of the other courses. I would get your referee to stress in your reference that your school is bad/whatever other reason for why your GCSEs were not up to scratch.

With a good personal statement, you could feasibly apply to most of the course with Economics (and joint honours), Management, Law, Accounting and Finance being the main exceptions. As above, perhaps Management Sciences?

ReputationRep:
    I'd suggest you drop both Business and Accountancy to take Futher Maths. Also consider taking AEA in Math and Economics.

ReputationRep:
    Law, Accounting and Business are all soft subjects so you should change them (at least three proper subjects) if you want a better chance. But I don't think your chances for straight Economics are good with your GCSEs.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: September 28, 2008
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.