My computer is dying

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SuicidalLemming)
    My computer is dying
    Awww, bless. Poor wee thing

ReputationRep:
    Total eclipse of the heart - Bonnie Tyler

PAPER PLANES. GAAAH.

I was listening to this song about two years ago. It is brilliant. I knew this two years ago. Now so many people are on about it, it just pisses me off for some silly reason.

ReputationRep:
    Yep It's worse when its bands that you've heard like a million years before anyone else. Although normally i am so happy for the band when they make it big

To name one: The Script.

ReputationRep:
    Tenacious D.
    Me and a mate had been listening to them for yonks.

Then 3 years later, my school got onto it, OMG HAVE U HEARD WONDERBOY?!?!?

Yes. About 300 times.

IT LOL AWEOMSE

****** off.

I don't mind. I tend to go on and on about the songs I love, though, so people will know that I liked them before they charted. :p:

ReputationRep:
    I'm just glad that the band i love have gained recognition tbh...

ReputationRep:
    OMG I hate that!! Happens to me quite abit, or when an artist you listened to before who was unsigned suddenly get signed and EVERYONE suddenly hears about them. Then people are like "Have you heard about so and so" and your like "Yh theyve been on my ipod for like a year!!!"

Sorry for the little rant there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Overground)
    PAPER PLANES. GAAAH.

I was listening to this song about two years ago. It is brilliant. I knew this two years ago. Now so many people are on about it, it just pisses me off for some silly reason.
    YES.
    My mother of all people asked me if I'd heard of this song yesterday.
    I hate when it happens with bands as well such as Noah and the Whale, Vampire Weekend, The Ting Tings, MGMT and Glasvegas amongst many others.
    I don't mind when bands/songs get well deserved recognition but when someone like Jo Whiley from Radio 1 tells me to listen to a band - well that's just plain annoying.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kelseyyy)
    OMG I hate that!! Happens to me quite abit, or when an artist you listened to before who was unsigned suddenly get signed and EVERYONE suddenly hears about them. Then people are like "Have you heard about so and so" and your like "Yh theyve been on my ipod for like a year!!!"

Sorry for the little rant there.
    lol, don't be sorry :no: It's what the thread was intended for :yes:

ReputationRep:
    yeah it really annoys me especially because the people that suddenyl really like a song like months later tend to be the kinda people i hate

ReputationRep:
    lol
    yes, this is anoying

ReputationRep:
    That happens to me all the time, only with bands. I'll REALLY get into a band no-one has heard of and then everyone else will end up ZOMG-ING over them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Overground)
    PAPER PLANES. GAAAH.

MIA?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OxyMoron.)
    I hate when it happens with bands as well such as Noah and the Whale, Vampire Weekend, The Ting Tings, MGMT and Glasvegas amongst many others.
    Yep, I agree with most of those ones!
    I downloaded the Arctic Monkeys first album several months before it came out and I loved it, by the time it came out and everyone was playing it I just found it annoying. :mad:

ReputationRep:
    maybe there should be a place where everyone who has a problem with this can go, and there will be soft white lights and it will be warm and peaceful and men in crisp linen suits will do the rounds and put their hands tenderly on the afflicted person's shoulder and in a deep, paternalistic voice say
    "You were right the whole time. You were always right"
    tears will well up in the afflicted person's eyes and in a final orgy of acceptance and validation they weep openly as the warden delivers the most effective platitude of all
    "You have great taste. You are hip"

ReputationRep:
    I used to.

Then I realised I didn't care, and no-one cares.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sidewalkwhenshewalks)
    maybe there should be a place where everyone who has a problem with this can go, and there will be soft white lights and it will be warm and peaceful and men in crisp linen suits will do the rounds and put their hands tenderly on the afflicted person's shoulder and in a deep, paternalistic voice say
    "You were right the whole time. You were always right"
    tears will well up in the afflicted person's eyes and in a final orgy of acceptance and validation they weep openly as the warden delivers the most effective platitude of all
    "You have great taste. You are hip"
    *sniff*

If only there were such a place.

ReputationRep:
    Not really, I don't really care, I just listen to what I like and ignore other people really.

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.