(Original post by ashy)
    Suck to be in Wales.*

*this is a joke :p:
    Are you stalking me? :hmmm:

*gets big stick*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Garnerish)
    I felt annoyed to be offcampus.

Now I feel happy to be in accommodation at all lol.
    Yup,

I was up in Penbryn Reception the other day cause I was in Aber for the weekend, and my little bro is one of the unlucky ones who hasn't got a place so I thought I'd pop in and see what the dealio was. The entire time I was there they just turned queues of people away or were having heated arguments with parents on the phone.

There was a group of Chinese boys just flown in and were told to just turn up and get accom on the day. They were just turned away in front of me poor mites, told to look in town. Pretty scary for a first day...

It's mad, Aber's never been like this. Looking at the website though they've just put a load of new courses on... Psychology and Criminology are seriously popular courses, it's a wonder they never saw this coming.

Something tells me that this unique luxury we have of going back on campus in Yr 3 might just be over for good, I can't see the numbers going down (unless the bad press puts people off... it shouldn't, Aber is GREAT) or them acquiring any new accom.

Uhooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Crisps)
    Are you stalking me? :hmmm:

*gets big stick*
    Yes. :hubba:

ReputationRep:
    Reopening of Llanbadarn on the cards?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BexTait)
    Reopening of Llanbadarn on the cards?
    Tis possible, probably for next time round though I think they'll just muddle through this time as there's a heap of places going in town (my bro ended up sharing a room behind the hospital so not so bad after all).

Is Llanbadarn just sitting empty then?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah it would be next time as it would involve some work to reopen it.

The halls are empty, and IIRC the reasons for closure were along the lines of it always being temp. accommodation. Not sure if they've been condemned too, so it would take a fair amount of work to re-open.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah it would be next time as it would involve some work to reopen it.

The halls are empty, and IIRC the reasons for closure were along the lines of it always being temp. accommodation. Not sure if they've been condemned too, so it would take a fair amount of work to re-open.
    I thouight they were condemned due to too much asbestos or something?

ReputationRep:
    Not sure, I just know that they were supposed to be bulldozed the summer they closed, but are still standing, so could be they found asbestos.

ReputationRep:
    Not sure, I just know that they were supposed to be bulldozed the summer they closed, but are still standing, so could be they found asbestos.

There was a ruling (cant source it, but my boss was over the moon about it, at work as we have a lot of it on site) a while ago which found that there was no health risk to asbestos...

so if thats the case i dont know what their fanning about with...

ReputationRep:
    i'm pretty sure all of llanbadarn is supposed to be closed from sept 2009, with all lectures moved over to the main campus. so i doubt theyd be opening up the halls there next year!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BurnOutOrFadeAway)
    i'm pretty sure all of llanbadarn is supposed to be closed from sept 2009, with all lectures moved over to the main campus. so i doubt theyd be opening up the halls there next year!
    Coleg Ceredigion will still be based over there through surely?

Never liked Llanbadarn anyway :p: I had to do an exam in second year in the room above the dining hall and it was FREEZING! :afraid:

ReputationRep:
    I spotted a friend of mine from school who's just started and she said she was in a holiday cottage somewhere as temp accom :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BurnOutOrFadeAway)
    I think I spoke to you today at sports fair? I'm Dan from the Shooting Club who kept trying my pitch to make you join our club lol.

ReputationRep:
    I've got a Clay Pigeon club flyer in front of me :P
    Clashes with the Sunday ride for AberMTB though unfortunately

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Crisps)
    Coleg Ceredigion will still be based over there through surely?

Never liked Llanbadarn anyway :p: I had to do an exam in second year in the room above the dining hall and it was FREEZING! :afraid:
    Yeah Coleg Ceredigion will still be over there. The were offered the opportunity to buy the buildings or something like that (so Llanbadarn campus would just be the Coleg), but declined.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Olyy)
    I've got a Clay Pigeon club flyer in front of me :P
    Clashes with the Sunday ride for AberMTB though unfortunately
    Huzzah! My mass propaganda campaign has spread far and wide!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tory Dan)
    I think I spoke to you today at sports fair? I'm Dan from the Shooting Club who kept trying my pitch to make you join our club lol.
    Nope not me. i didnt even manage to make it to sports fair this year:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Ive left

ReputationRep:
    what you mean you've left??? the university all together??

ReputationRep:
    yep woooo. it was soo crap lol

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: October 4, 2008
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.