Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sarah_Andrews)
    is this the new macbook?
    http://www.apple.com/uk/macbook/
    No one really knows how the new macbooks are going to look like apart from the aluminium casing and some other minor facts. Apple will never upload a picture of their new macbook until they announce it, those pics on that link are just the updated versions of the old macbooks.

ReputationRep:
    are they going to be the same price as the original macbooks? or more expensive?

ReputationRep:
    I've head they will be around the £1000 mark. Honestly can't give u a decisive answer cause rumours are all we have for now...

ReputationRep:
    I've heard that they will either be the same price or cheaper, have a look at this rumour: http://www.macrumors.com/2008/09/15/...ts-have-begun/
    Apple are very secretive about their upcoming products so it's very difficult to know when they'll come out, but the latest news/rumour is October 14th.

ReputationRep:
    are they going to be the same price as the original macbooks? or more expensive?
    They're meant to be cheaper. Dunno by how much tho.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think they'll be more expensive.

ReputationRep:
    ah. so you think its best wating for them to come out? i'm not really in a rush to be honest.

ReputationRep:
    ah. so you think its best wating for them to come out? i'm not really in a rush to be honest.
    Yeah, that's what I'm doing - it's only just under a month, and the Back to School iPod rebate offer lasts until the end of October, so you can still get a discount on one of the new iPods when the new MacBooks come out. The new ones will most probably have an aluminium casing, be faster, lighter, thinner, and cheaper, so why not wait? Hope this helps!

ReputationRep:
    yeah i will wait.

ReputationRep:
    Now then, whoever gave me the neg rep cause i said it was gona be more expensive should think again! I said £1000 and the cheapest macbooks are £949!

ReputationRep:
    With a student discount for Further Education, I'm getting the middle one that's 2.0GHz 2GB RAM 160GB HDD for £854.

Don't be put off by the apparent drop in processor power. The frontside bus speed has been put right up, meaning data gets round the computer faster. Also it's DDR3 RAM not DDR2, meaning further boosts. And now that a different processor handles the graphics, the processor doesn't need to be as big to keep the same performance.

Have no doubt about it, these computers are nippy. Ordering mine tonight

ReputationRep:
    Lucky you man!!!! If only i had that much money

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.