The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

daruishraz
Do you really need 7 A*s to apply to Durham?? I thought if you got crap at GCSES, and got A*s in your A-levels, etc, you could still apply?

Is this not the case?? The most I can apply for is Manchester Uni then, because I only got 5Bs and 3Cs :s-smilie: Even if I get A's in all my AS and A level modules?? :s-smilie::s-smilie::s-smilie:

You might need to ring the admissions tutors at the unis. And also I looked at your A-Level subjects and to me, it looks like you won't be applying for medicine anyway. English lit, law, economics, maths?
im so academic
I looked at your A-Level subjects and to me, it looks like you won't be applying for medicine anyway.

Could be a foundation year...
im so academic
You might need to ring the admissions tutors at the unis. And also I looked at your A-Level subjects and to me, it looks like you won't be applying for medicine anyway.

i hear it's 5STARS at first, but if there are many applicants with 5stars or more than they will cut at 7 stars.
I think this is just for the interview selection though
Democracy
Could be a foundation year...

True. :p:
im so academic
You might need to ring the admissions tutors at the unis. And also I looked at your A-Level subjects and to me, it looks like you won't be applying for medicine anyway. English lit, law, economics, maths?

I want to apply to UCL or LSE, for a course in business/economics, not quite sure yet.
No, I'm not doing medicine, and correct - those are my AS-level choices.

If I gain A's in A-levels then can I still apply for UCL or LSE or somewhere else good?

I don't want to apply to Manchester Uni, btw...somewhere 'better' :frown: I dunno if my GCSES have ruined my opportunity... :o:
daruishraz
I want to apply to UCL or LSE, for a course in business/economics, not quite sure yet.
No, I'm not doing medicine, and correct - those are my AS-level choices.

If I gain A's in A-levels then can I still apply for UCL or LSE or somewhere else good?

I don't want to apply to Manchester Uni, btw...somewhere 'better' :frown: I dunno if my GCSES have ruined my opportunity... :o:

I doubt you would get in for pure economics at LSE, they're looking for applicants with straight a*/a, it's the most competative course at LSE i hear
You need 7*??
Packs bags and leaves..........
No but seriously i dont even think i got 4A at GCSE. I cant remember - hum i wanna hunt out my old GCSE certificates now.
fairy spangles
You need 7*??
Packs bags and leaves..........
No but seriously i dont even think i got 4A at GCSE. I cant remember - hum i wanna hunt out my old GCSE certificates now.

maybe it's a new requirement . . .
Reply 28
im so academic
If you do redo your GCSEs get to get an A*, not meaning to sound rude but, don't come crawling back and here and saying, "I've spent to mcuh time redoing me GCSE As to get A*'s. Now I got bad module grades, should I retake or remark?".

To be honest, if you have outstanding A-Levels, surely Durham/Birmingham will overlook the 7A* requirement?

Here's my tip, "concentrate on the future, instead on the past. Because that's gone, and because you are desperate to get those A*s, you should have tried harder in year 10/11."

Just concentrate on your A-Levels, 4As and 4A*s is still good. To be honest, I'm just thankful that the first four wasn't B/Cs because I really would not know how you would have reacted.

Also, because you are a bit negative towards your grades, how are you going to cope with the workload of A-Level, "oh this is too hard, I'm not going to get into Durham. *Throws history textbook out the window*. Maybe I should concentrate on redoing my A in physics".

Honestly, do your best in A-Levels! :smile:

Requirements are there for a reason, I thought...
Who negged me and left me with this comment? Honestly, I just want to know who. :ninja:

Seriously you're not academic. Stop judging people and stop giving bad opinions on things you know nothing about!
CrimsonButterfly
I doubt you would get in for pure economics at LSE, they're looking for applicants with straight a*/a, it's the most competative course at LSE i hear

That put a smile on my face :smile:

I'm upset now...lol! I guess in my next life, I will have to try better....

But, honestly - I don't have a chance to get into a top, or near-top uni?? I might aswell go Man Metropolitan, and get D's in my A-levels, because there isn't anywhere else to go if I get A's in my A-levels?
Don't retake 4 GCSEs. Your AS Levels are going to be hard enough as it is, without overloading yourself with the 4 GCSEs as well. If you can get As in your AS Levels, then you still have a chance of Oxford. Durham don't specify a certain number of A*s at GCSE, it's only Birmingham which do.
im so academic
Who negged me and left me with this comment? Honestly, I just want to know who. :ninja:

lols it wasn't me
Reply 33
Democracy
Lol no worries. Anyway I thought it was 5A*s for their med program...

I thought 5 A* if applying post A-level with AAA? And then there's some other situation where you need 6 A*.

Or then maybe I'm talking out of my butt again.
daruishraz

I'm upset now...lol! I guess in my next life, I will have to try better....

But, honestly - I don't have a chance to get into a top, or near-top uni?? I might aswell go Man Metropolitan, and get D's in my A-levels, because there isn't anywhere else to go if I get A's in my A-levels?

Make a new thread, in the appropriate forum then people with experience of the subject can reply to your thread and give you good, valuable advice as opposed to asking on a Medicine forum.
Reply 35
im so academic

Just when you were starting to get back up into the green again...

Maybe you need to subscribe.
CrimsonButterfly
lols it wasn't me

obviously because the person that negged me made a negative difference to my rep so it has to be someone here who had two or more green gems :ninja:
piece_by_piece
Make a new thread, in the appropriate forum then people with experience of the subject can reply to your thread and give you good, valuable advice as opposed to asking on a Medicine forum.

Yeh, will do... later. I'm not quite in the mood tbh at the moment...
:rolleyes:
I cant believe i had the urge to go find my GCSE results - i have found my record of achievement aswell - its a funky book. Do they still have them?
All interesting stuff - haha
Tyraell
Just when you were starting to get back up into the green again...

Maybe you need to subscribe.

can't.

and yeah, i just just going in the green again when suddenly someone (if you want to know who, look below) totally destroyed my rep.

Spoiler

Latest

Trending

Trending