Turn on thread page Beta

(Original post by T-o dore)
    ok, but i doubt any wind could bend a bullet travelling very fast 45 degrees in 100 yards

You are in a room where there are no metal objects except for two iron rods. Only one of them is a magnet.
    How can you identify this magnet?
    It probably has something to do with the earth's field right? Pivot it on your finger. The magnet will swivel, the normal one won't.

In any case, you can rub one on the other and make them both magnets - you can identify them, then, both as being magnets. Problem solved :^_^:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by figureeight)
    It probably has something to do with the earth's field right? Pivot it on your finger. The magnet will swivel, the normal one won't.

In any case, you can rub one on the other and make them both magnets - you can identify them, then, both as being magnets. Problem solved :^_^:
    yep - the short ones are al pretty easy. cant be boved to type out long ones...

ReputationRep:
    A woodcutter had a cube of oak which never got smaller and was never cut. How can it be that he changed its shape from a cube to a pyramid, and then to a rectangle?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Smoosh)
    A woodcutter had a cube of oak which never got smaller and was never cut. How can it be that he changed its shape from a cube to a pyramid, and then to a rectangle?
    how?

ReputationRep:
    :p:

You have to guess

ReputationRep:
    the wood is sawdust he then pours into shape containers?

ReputationRep:
    Dave ran halfway into the forest in half an hour. Steve claimed he had gone two thirds of the way into the forest in the same time, but dave said that it was impossible. Why?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by U_Avin_A_Laff)
    the wood is sawdust he then pours into shape containers?
    Yep

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smoosh)
    Yep
    no points for me though i used google

the answer to my one is
    You can only run half way into the forest, after that you are running out of it.

ReputationRep:
    no points for me though i used google

the answer to my one is
    You can only run half way into the forest, after that you are running out of it.
    :p:

Ahh.

I have one:

If a man's mother-in-law can marry his son, and a woman's father can marry her sister-in-law, can a man marry his widow's sister?

Dave ran halfway into the forest in half an hour. Steve claimed he had gone two thirds of the way into the forest in the same time, but dave said that it was impossible. Why?
    Because Dave is the world record holder for running - Usain Bolt lied.

I assumed that half way into the forest meant half-way to the middle.

ReputationRep:
    Because Dave is the world record holder for running - Usain Bolt lied.
    lol what :confused:

i gave the answer and your still guessin lol

ReputationRep:
    Heres an alright one:

A cowboy rides into town on tuesday, stays 4 days and leaves on tuesday - how is this possible?

lol what :confused:

i gave the answer and your still guessin lol
    i didn't read quite that far down yet.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Adhavan)
    Heres an alright one:

A cowboy rides into town on tuesday, stays 4 days and leaves on tuesday - how is this possible?
    its like a leap year lol? The journey in to town took 3 days? He slept JUST outside of town for 3 days?! how!?!

(Original post by Adhavan)
    Heres an alright one:

His horse is called Tuesday. It doesn't work because you had to type it. There's no capitalisation on the name :no:

ReputationRep:
    His horse is called Tuesday. It doesn't work because you had to type it. There's no capitalisation on the name :no:
    lol that was my ploy to throw you off the track, but obviously you were too clever for it :p:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    lol thats so lame

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Quick Link:

Unanswered Forum Games Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.