Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Master Polhem)
    They have a very very good engineering curriculum I would not brush it aside that easily. If you believe you are certain to attain AAA then you might as well apply to Cambridge and you just might like it, if not the course as I said is very good. Interview is only to seed out the best.
    yehh ill have to think about it...did u study in cambridge then?

ReputationRep:
    btw does anyone know how good the mech. engineering ciruculum is in bristol??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kathyop)
    yehh ill have to think about it...did u study in cambridge then?
    No, I am going to Imperial. But it is not a secret that they both produce very good engineering courses.

ReputationRep:
    hey!
    My boyfriend went to study at imperial college, but he switched to go to sheffield
    to be honest with you, i think imperial is a fantastic university and you will come out with the best job at the end of the day
    It will be hard work but it will all be worth it
    Just a bit annyoed he didnt really stay there.. he may have troubles finding a job after his degree

ReputationRep:
    yeh thats true, but the mech. engineering course isnt as good apparently...i dunno
    thanks anyway
    You might consider Loughborough. It looks good for all engineering courses including mechanical.

ReputationRep:
    hey cool thanks for the comment,
    so are u also set on going to imperial?? oh and btw do you know much about southampton?
    yeah i guess i have but ive never actually been to see it cos i missed their open day in july and cant arrange a visit.

i went to see southampton and of all those i have seen (birmingham, leeds, loughborough, warwick) its the best.

the campus was all quite green and not right in the city centre but not too far out either, also they have great facilities including a wind tunnel, the only one in a uni in the uk i believe.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bigdaveracer)
    yeah i guess i have but ive never actually been to see it cos i missed their open day in july and cant arrange a visit.

i went to see southampton and of all those i have seen (birmingham, leeds, loughborough, warwick) its the best.

the campus was all quite green and not right in the city centre but not too far out either, also they have great facilities including a wind tunnel, the only one in a uni in the uk i believe.
    "also they have great facilities including a wind tunnel, the only one in a uni in the uk i believe." more crap please. most unis that do engineering degrees have wind tunnels of some sort. yeah some may have more and better but what u say is just wrong. Have to agree though that it edges slightly L'boro and is far ahead of the others in my opinion

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bigdaveracer)
    Even Kingston has a Wind tunnel... Cambridge has a few (five I believe) and Imperial has 7.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: September 24, 2008

University open days

• Heriot-Watt University
    School of Textiles and Design Undergraduate
    Fri, 16 Nov '18
  • University of Roehampton
    All departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.