Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by YAP)
    If you're not using a filter tip with loose tobacco, then loose would be worse; otherwise, I don't know.

Anyhow, isn't it a bit like asking which is safer to sniff, petrol or glue?
    oh but I love the smell of petrol! glue must be worse..

ReputationRep:
    do snus instead

edit// snus/snuff/etc

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sarCAZm)
    do snus instead

edit// snus/snuff/etc
    Can you still buy snuff?. My grandad used to take snuff, and all it did was make him sneeze. I used to think it was pepper, well it certainly smelt like it. Hes been dead since 1984...and I havent seen snuff since then.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Annie72)
    Can you still buy snuff?. My grandad used to take snuff, and all it did was make him sneeze. I used to think it was pepper, well it certainly smelt like it. Hes been dead since 1984...and I havent seen snuff since then.

Well snus is banned everywhere but sweden i believe. And i guess you can still get snuff, cos my brother uses it...

ReputationRep:
    both are disgusting habits

(Original post by Annie72)
    Is that incredibly strong?

When travelling I met a group of Swedish guys and we went for a night out with some english girls we found. Anyway the girls noticed that one of them was literally chain smoking all night - and he said its because he's used to this certain stuff at home which is way stronger, and cigarettes are SO weak in comparison, that he needs to do it constantly. :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tis_me_lord)

When travelling I met a group of Swedish guys and we went for a night out with some english girls we found. Anyway the girls noticed that one of them was literally chain smoking all night - and he said its because he's used to this certain stuff at home which is way stronger, and cigarettes are SO weak in comparison, that he needs to do it constantly. :p:
    I dont know if its strong because I have never tried it. It just used to intrigue me as to why my grand dad used it when all it would do was make him sneeze. I was only a child at the time and obviously didnt understand it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tis_me_lord)

Sounds like Snus, yeah. Swedish, and strong, and nasssssty. Very addictive.

ReputationRep:
    I hear tobacco is less unhealthy than cigarettes, that's only what I've heard from several people. I don't smoke myself so I don't know much.

ReputationRep:
    No one smokes a pipe anymore then?

(Original post by xAllTheRagex)
    No one smokes a pipe anymore then?
    Only mah crack one. :teeth:

ReputationRep:
    As far as I know, loose tobacco burns at a higher temperature and that makes it worse for you.

Loose tastes much nicer though I find than normal cigarettes. But both are pretty rank.

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone tell me what the BEST loose tobacco brand is? My hub brought home "Gambler" from Sams Club and it's awful! He got some online, but not sure of name...I figured someone here would know

Thanks in advance! *Michigan tax on smokes is rediculous!!!

ReputationRep:
    I'd go for loose tobacco every time, if you roll it with filters. It means I smoke a lot less, I can make my cigarettes really skinny, it's easier to stub them out halfway and come back to them later, they don't make my lungs feel like they're filled with tar, I can choose the type of rizla, filter and tobacco I want to use, and I don't spend half as much money (I'd estimate... upwards of forty cigarettes out of a 25g packet of tobacco).

Plus I genuinely enjoy rolling cigarettes. My aim is to be able to roll them with one hand, in ten seconds flat. It's a great party trick.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    which is considered better for u? i have heard that loose tobacco doesnt contain all the chemicals which are put inside premade cigarettes. give me your thoughts thanks x
    I've heard this too, so i'd guess that loose tobacco would be better

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rishi08)
    how many roll ups can u make with a 25g pouch of tobacco?
    how long is a piece of string?
    I usually buy 12.5g packets and get about 20-30 cigs from it. Then again i roll pretty thin.

ReputationRep:
    yea i made abt same as you wid 12.5 cheers

ReputationRep:
    i'm suprised by the number of people who consider it likely that one would smoke roll-ups without a filter - maybe i just know the wrong people but i don't think i know anyone who does that.

Anyway, roll-ups are definitely better for you - the amount of stuff they spray on straights is ridiculous. Also, if you open up a straight it seems to have so much more tobacco in it than a roll-up. (although i suppose this effect is ofset by the fact that a rollie doesn't burn when you aren't smoking it because it doesn't have the chemicals, so you smoke a higher proportion of the tobacco that is there).... maybe i am reading to much into this...

anyway - rollies are the way forward. They are cheaper, marginally healthier and (in my opinion) nicer tasting.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by susanehm)
    Can anyone tell me what the BEST loose tobacco brand is? My hub brought home "Gambler" from Sams Club and it's awful! He got some online, but not sure of name...I figured someone here would know

Golden Virginia.

(Original post by Anonymous)
    Loose with filter...[/QUOTE

ur saying da cigarette becomes loose with a filter?? :s
    He was saying that loose tobacco with a filters the best option.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by susanehm)

American spirit?

i smoke Cutters Choice normally but i have no idea why... i actually agree with the general consensus that its a bit rough.

experiment with a few? everyone likes different things.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 6, 2010
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.