Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I quite like Frankie & Benny's. When ours first opened about a decade ago, it was awful - always too busy, awful service, you'd be waiting at least an hour for your food. Now it's alright though. Me and my mates tend to go there if we're having a catch-up or going to the cinema, it's a nice evening.

The music gets pretty old though! It's all 50s stuff, Dean Martin etc, which is great until you've heard the same playlist 10 times during your meal! They also play Cliff Richard's 'Congratulations' when it's a birthday

Go during the day in the week and get the lunch menu - unlimited refills and 2 courses for only 8 quid! Chicken Caesar Sandwich and ice cream is the way to go

Their East Coast Sundae is immense too. They used to do a fantastic lemon and lime chicken with spaghetti and herb potatoes but I don't think they do it anymore Their steak sandwich is decent, comes with mozzarella and pine nuts on tomatoes

ReputationRep:
    I think I went there on my Birthday, although I was a bit worse for wear. Was good from what I remember tho

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by History Lost in Physics)
    This threat could also be called "What is your cultural background?"
    lol, get over yourself.

ReputationRep:
    My Local F&B:

I always find it a bit expensive for what you get.
    Twice the food was really cold
    Once they kept telling me they have no *whatever drink i ordered* left, then i saw them give it to someone on the table next to us who asked for it after me, if they thought i was drunk/too young/something else why not ask me for I.D or tell me?
    I know this is more reflection on the staff/chefs at Bradford branch but still, I wouldn't choose to go there.
    They also play the same music on a loop, pretty loud, it is like 50's American "pop" type thing or seomthing ..think kinda like grease soundtrack stuff I guess?
    I don't like it and it annoys me!

In an evening it can have an ok atmosphere though..aways lots of parties and happy birthday songs.

I went to a miniture one in derby that was full of babies screaming, and we sat for 20-30mins and no one came to take our order so we walked out..found a walkabout to eat in, cheaper, tastier, quiter and much better

ReputationRep:
    Omg, I've been there to times... and woot woot so good.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by x=o)
    lol, get over yourself.
    ? and another ? simply to make this post possible.

ReputationRep:
    I love Frankie and Bennys!
    Absolutely love the potato skins!
    Chicken ceaser salad!
    Cinnamon waffle crunch! Yummm
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    It varies. The first time I went, the food was fine, the service was good, etc. These aspects have been fast declining since...

It was good years ago. Everyone used to have thier birthdays there. Probably haven't been for years. Just like any other chain restaurant really, a bit hit and miss!

ReputationRep:
    I love it My boyfriend used to be an assistant manager there so I used to go in when he was working and get cheap food Mmm we're going next weekend because I have a craving for one of their cheeseburgers.

ReputationRep:
    I love it Prices are decent - a bit cheaper than TGIFs - and the lunch menu is great value. The chicken stuff and burgers are what I tend to get, plus the big sharer platter thing for a starter for the family

ReputationRep:
    It’s okay I suppose. Like other users have commented it’s a bit hit and miss. I’ve been to a couple of the chains, whilst one was scrumptious the other was rather average.

And it’s true about the music. They put the same CD on repeat, and each CD must contain five songs max! Be prepared to listen to Fats Domino and Buddy Holly over and over again.

Also, I’ve been put off going to the chain closest to me (Manchester, St. Ann’s Square :p: ), ever since a customer found a cockroach crawling under their table, followed by a mad dash of waiting staff trying to kill the thing!

Still, Old Orleans is better.

ReputationRep:
    Its nice i guess, the waitors are fit as though where i went

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.