Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hitler was homo. He was having an affair with his cameraman. It's implicated in a vid of him speaking 2 the camera. Wasn't a scandal that was ever discovered in time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by letsdothetimewarpagain)
    Completely pointless but makes you think

Question 1:
    If you knew a woman who was pregnant, who had 8 kids already, three
    Who were deaf, two who were blind, one mentally retarded, and she had
    Syphilis, would you recommend that she have an abortion?

Read the next question before looking at the response for this one.

Question 2:
    It is time to elect a new world leader, and only your vote counts.
    Here are the facts about the three candidates.

Candidate A:
    Associates with crooked politicians, and consults with astrologists.
    He's had two mistresses. He also chain smokes and drinks 8 to 10
    Martinis a day.

Candidate B:
    He was kicked out of office twice, sleeps until noon, used opium in
    College and drinks a quart of whiskey every evening.

Candidate C:
    He is a decorated war hero. He's a vegetarian, doesn't smoke, drinks
    An occasional beer and never committed adultery.

Which of these candidates would be our choice?

Spoiler:
    Show

Candidate A is Franklin D. Roosevelt.
    Candidate B is Winston Churchill.
    Candidate C is Adolph Hitler.

And, by the way, on your answer to the abortion question:
    If you said YES, you just killed Beethoven.

Pretty interesting isn't it?
    Makes a person think before judging someone.

why are all the world leader candidates men

1) None of my business
    2) The last one is obviously Hitler, I would want to know more about them before I voted.

ReputationRep:
    omg
    I jsut killed beethoven and elected hitler
    IM SORRY
    WORLd, I'M SORRY
    JEWS IM SORRY

ReputationRep:
    beethoven started losing his hearing at the age of 26 and became suicidal in later life, so it could be argued that you are in fact relieving human suffering through the abortion.

ReputationRep:
    1:Probably say abortion, but then, my mum was told to abort my little sister because they thought she might be down syndrome, and she didn't so, No. (BTW my mum does NOT have syphillis and my lil sis is fine but the point still stands)

2. I would honestly pick the first guy, Candidate A. You know why? I don't trust vegetarians. They don't get enough protein to their brain without meat, so I can't trust their judgement :p:. I don't care that he (A) cheats on his wife, that's not politics. He consorts with crooks so that means he has inside info. He's enlightened because he looks to the stars.

EDIT: just read the spoiler. lol. I rock. Even though I don't particularly like Beethoven....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by clad in armour)
    why are all the world leader candidates men
    because the only influential female world leaders the modern west has given us is in the last century Magaret Thatcher. Thatcher=Fail.

Although, when I first read the question, I thought the answers would Palin for Q1, and Obama, Mccain, and Clinton for Q2.

ReputationRep:
    B sounds rather a hoot, C's a little too good.

ReputationRep:
    Here's the beethoven one and a couple more... from the internet yes.

A. The mother of a family of 14 is pregnant again. Her husband — the father of all 14 of these children — has a history of alcohol abuse and mental disorders which frequently causes him to abuse his other children. The mother herself is already worn out from trying to care single-handedly for her large family and doesn't feel she can care for another child at this point. On top of all this, two sons in the family also have a history of alcohol abuse, one of the children is in a mental institution, and none of the other children have steady, dependable jobs with which to support mom and dad. Abortion or Not?

B. A poor black family in the South is expecting a fifth child. This family, because of its skin color, already has difficulty receiving help and are already at the bare minimum poverty level. The outlook for their present children does not look bright. Abortion or Not?

C. A woman is engaged to a man some years older than she; she finds out that she is facing an unplanned pregnancy. The child she is carrying is definitely not the son of her fiancé, and he is worried for her sake and for their repution in their community. This child could put a serious strain on their relationship and on any future children. Abortion or Not?

Okay, everybody finished? Here are the results:

A. If you answered Abortion for A, congradulations! You just aborted Ludwig Van Beethoven!

B. If you answered Abortion for B, again, congradulations! You just aborted Martin Luther King, Jr.

C. If you answered Abortion for C, YOU WIN THE GRAND PRIZE! You, my friend, have just aborted Jesus of Nazareth.

ReputationRep:
    1) Couldn't give a ****.
    2) Option B, Billy Church. LOL at some totalitarian being appealing (option C)

ReputationRep:
    Aaaagh! God I have too much pressure on me, when did it come down to me to be the abortion decider?! That sounds like some kind of superhero. Ha.

Shows how pointless the Beethoven thing is though, that one of the quotes says he was the 15th child, one the 9th. Hmm.

Surely it should be up to the mother and father to make these decisions. I feel like I'm poking my nose into their lives to be honest.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Calumcalum)
    Here's the beethoven one and a couple more... from the internet yes.

A. The mother of a family of 14 is pregnant again. Her husband — the father of all 14 of these children — has a history of alcohol abuse and mental disorders which frequently causes him to abuse his other children. The mother herself is already worn out from trying to care single-handedly for her large family and doesn't feel she can care for another child at this point. On top of all this, two sons in the family also have a history of alcohol abuse, one of the children is in a mental institution, and none of the other children have steady, dependable jobs with which to support mom and dad. Abortion or Not?

B. A poor black family in the South is expecting a fifth child. This family, because of its skin color, already has difficulty receiving help and are already at the bare minimum poverty level. The outlook for their present children does not look bright. Abortion or Not?

C. A woman is engaged to a man some years older than she; she finds out that she is facing an unplanned pregnancy. The child she is carrying is definitely not the son of her fiancé, and he is worried for her sake and for their repution in their community. This child could put a serious strain on their relationship and on any future children. Abortion or Not?

Okay, everybody finished? Here are the results:

A. If you answered Abortion for A, congradulations! You just aborted Ludwig Van Beethoven!

B. If you answered Abortion for B, again, congradulations! You just aborted Martin Luther King, Jr.

C. If you answered Abortion for C, YOU WIN THE GRAND PRIZE! You, my friend, have just aborted Jesus of Nazareth.

A: ........ :erm: In ideal situations this couple would not even be allowed to breed, but whatever, save Beethoven.

B: being poor and black is no excuse for an abortion that's ridiculous. Half my family would never have been born if that were the case:rolleyes: . Five children is hardly a crisis situation.

C: You do not get to abort a child just because it's not your partner's baby. It's not like selling your car because your fiance doesn't like it. It's a baby. So that's another silly ultimatum.

ReputationRep:
    If a world leader has the power to start a war/destory the world and drinks a lot, I wouldn't vote for them. You all know about those drunken mistakes. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    beethoven suffered loss of hearing as well.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.snopes.com/glurge/twoquestions.asp

ReputationRep:
    1: No, just to see what another spin of the biological roulette wheel brings.
    2: C, since they actually have experience in running something, given no other policy detail is given in this quiz.

EDIT: Way to have the spoiler, I always assume they're just lists of grades people here post up for no damn reason whatsoever.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Lol at question 1. One of those pro-life groups asked my year group the exact same question. I was quite amused when I realised whom I had "aborted"

ReputationRep:
    No and C.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.