Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dental)
    Just found out the cut off point for the 4 year dentistry course at QMUL (Bart's) for 2009 entry was 2690. :eek:

Edit: Forgot to add the name of the university.
    what does 2690 mean, I'm sure that the UKCAT score is between 300 & 900

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by s.sarwar7)
    what does 2690 mean, I'm sure that the UKCAT score is between 300 & 900

2690 is the total of all the 4 sections: QR, VR, AR and DA. The average is the total mark i.e. 2690 divided by 4. That will give you the result between 300 and 900.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TwirlGirl)
    2690 is the total of all the 4 sections: QR, VR, AR and DA. The average is the total mark i.e. 2690 divided by 4. That will give you the result between 300 and 900.
    thanks, so this means 672.5, wow thats high

ReputationRep:
    just did my UKCAT and got 610 average which universities will I have a reduced chance of getting into uni because of this?

ReputationRep:
    just did my UKCAT and got 610 average which universities will I have a reduced chance of getting into uni because of this?
    You would be extremely border-line for Kings and QM.

Sorry I don't know about the rest.

ReputationRep:
    what do you think about sheffield with the 610 ukcat score?

ReputationRep:
    What is the cut off point for Sheffield? Do they place alot of emphasis on the UKCAT score? 610 isn't bad you know.
    I don't know the cut off point or if even one exists. Hearing about the high 600 and 700 scores others on tsr got just got me worried about mine.

ReputationRep:
    Apply to Glagow, Dundee, Cardiff and Liverpool
    are these non-ukcat or do they have low emphasis

ReputationRep:
    are these non-ukcat or do they have low emphasis
    Apply to Bristol - they do not require the UKCAT - fantastic Dental School that has had a lot of money spent on it - if only they did a 4-year course!!!!

ReputationRep:

640 average! better than i thought i would get!

ReputationRep:
    Thankyou!

I did loads of practice, i was really scared about it! but i didnt do anything the day before just went to the cinema and bumbed around at home.

I had a book and did the practice tests from the website and went on bbc bitesize for maths, i was most nervous about the quantative but i found the questions were soooo much easier than the practice ones!

tip: you dont have to complete all the questions, if you see a hard question that is going to take ages just choose a random anwser and go to the next, dont leave anything blank. If you choose A for all the ones you dont have anytime to complets you are bound to get 1/5 or 1/4 of the questions right.

ReputationRep:
    I used C mainly and got a 665 as my arbitrary UKCAT score

ReputationRep:
    567.5 average. Does glasgow take ukcat in to account.

ReputationRep:
    Hi all, I was hoping for a little help and any advice or thoughts...

I got my UKCAT today, as follows:

VR - 550 (this here is the potential problem...)
    QR - 640
    AR - 720
    DA - 700

Average = 652

The one I'm really worried about is the 550 in the VR, does anyone have any experience if this score will get me an automatic reject without an interview please?

I'm on course for 3 A's, Maths, Bio, Chem...

Thanks for all replies!

Charlie

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dingc9)
    Hi all, I was hoping for a little help and any advice or thoughts...

I got my UKCAT today, as follows:

VR - 550 (this here is the potential problem...)
    QR - 640
    AR - 720
    DA - 700

Average = 652

The one I'm really worried about is the 550 in the VR, does anyone have any experience if this score will get me an automatic reject without an interview please?

I'm on course for 3 A's, Maths, Bio, Chem...

Thanks for all replies!

Charlie
    uni's that look at ukcat mainly take into account the overall total or average then they could give an automatic rejection

ReputationRep:
    mines really soon and im really scared. i cant do the verbal reasoning at all and the abstract reasoning is scaring me.
    Any tips??
    can anyone remember anything from the AR from the UKCAT test this year?

thanks

ReputationRep:
    One of my friends just recently done hers and she said the timing was absolutely ridiculous. They apparently give you a white board and a pen and a calculator from the 50's with missing buttons. :lolwut: Why can't they provide equipment that works? Can't we bring our own calculators?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amandakj)
    mines really soon and im really scared. i cant do the verbal reasoning at all and the abstract reasoning is scaring me.
    Any tips??
    can anyone remember anything from the AR from the UKCAT test this year?

thanks
    Yea I can remember panicking and sweating the whole way through AR

ReputationRep:
    Does glasgow uni take ukcat into account. My average 567.5.

ReputationRep:
    yes glasgow do take ukcat into account, the first time i applied theres i got rejected due to my ukcat score being below their cut off point i think my average was around 560. I re-applied the next year and got an interview when my average was 575 not much of an improvement but they said their cut off score changes each year according to what people achieve each year

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: February 25, 2011

University open days

• University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Heriot-Watt University
    All Schools Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.