Turn on thread page Beta

Does A Break-Up Ever Get Easier? watch

ReputationRep:
    I can't believe how hard a break up is, I was with my ex for 2 years, it was a crazy relationship he made me feel horible i have no self esteem also now no friends because it felt like he was suffocating me. I know in a way im lucky i got out now. But the way i feel right now, is the worse i've ever felt. I keep getting high and lows. one minute i dont care about him, next i cry for hours. I dont know if i can handle all this pain, i feel i dont want to eat, or sleep. I just want everything to be back to normal, whatever normal was? When will it all get easier?

(Original post by cascadingstylez)
    To note I am not even eating properly at the moment. I also keep having sexual dreams about her which is really pissing me off. I was with her for 4 years and about 8/9 months, its a heck of a long time to be with someone. To have them not around all of a sudden makes things really hard.

I have been texting her mom all morning asking how her daghter feels about me and stuff. She said her daughter does not know what she wants. At that I text her back and said I havn't got time to wait around feeling hurt and cut up so it's best we both move on.

I am actually fine now (I edited this post an hour after I first posted it). I know where I stand and I know I have to get over it. Whereas this morning and last night I was clinging to a tiny bit of hope, which was probably causing me to be upset.

I just really hope it gets easier over time. I am not happy about living on a sofa, although that will change in January. I think I am just going to try and make lots of friends at university. It's a shame there are no girls on the course or very little anyway.

I am just going to focus on setting up the new company from home, earn some income and move into a decent room.

ReputationRep:
    Keep yourself busy and don't look back.

Good luck mate.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wick3d)
    Keep yourself busy and don't look back.

Good luck mate.
    Lol it's been 2 years since then, surely he's moved on by now!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yougotitlikethat)
    Lol it's been 2 years since then, surely he's moved on by now!
    You never know with some people.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Atomik)
    The last thing you need is another girl/girlfriend. That would result in confusion.

Also, howwww could you think you were over your ex after 2 days? That's crazy, man. Can take months to get over somebody, especially if you were with them for years, like yourself.

Anyway, good luck. Sorry to hear about the cheating, that royally sucks. Just try to look at the positive things you have in your life right now...
    ^^^this

i went through the same when i was getting over my ex, had a fortnight of crazy rebound dating, then the next month i was like a zombie barely sleeping or eating, then had a rebound relationship whilset contstantly FB stalking him, got his partner sacked form three jobs, then finally two and a half years later i am over it. i think . but i would give him another go for sure if he offered it. he was hott and amazing.

so yeah. i say 2 years.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 28, 2011
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.