Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Takahashi)
    7a* 2a 1b at gcse ---> 6a 1b at as----> 3a 1d at a2----> Cambridge university

you took 7 AS's*sigh*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malsi101)
    you took 7 AS's*sigh*
    :o:,to be fair one was general studies which i had to decline the grade and re-sit because i walked out of one paper in disgust at a question on reality television and forgot to turn up for the final paper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Takahashi)
    :o:,to be fair one was general studies which i had to decline the grade and re-sit because i walked out of one paper in disgust at a question on reality television and forgot to turn up for the final paper

:laugh:

but still 6 :lolwut: c'mon. who does that :getmecoat:

ReputationRep:
    I got 6A* and 5A

and 5A's at AS

I don't know where to apply im not confident in my ability to do well this year..
    Possibly..

Nottingham
    Birmingham/Bristol
    Manchester
    Leeds/Sheffield
    and not sure of the last one..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malsi101)
    :laugh:

but still 6 :lolwut: c'mon. who does that :getmecoat:
    you clearly haven't looked at some of the posts we get on the Cambridge forum recently, one guy was worrying about his application with 8 a grades at a-level

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bexx)
    I got 6A* and 5A

and 5A's at AS

I don't know where to apply im not confident in my ability to do well this year..
    Possibly..

Nottingham
    Birmingham/Bristol
    Manchester
    Leeds/Sheffield
    and not sure of the last one..
    Seriously....

No Cambridge or Oxford?

ReputationRep:
    AAAABBBBCD I'm studying Law at UUJ in N. Ireland.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vjyrik)
    Seriously....

No Cambridge or Oxford?
    No, I use to say i disliked the places now I don't say that as if i got a place I'd be over the moon, just don't think I'd get in really & I guess I just think it'd be overly demanding all work no play (which I'm sure isn't entirely true!) but still!
    oops.. that was a long sentence..

ReputationRep:
    Well, you have more of a chance of getting in if you put in an application, and it certainly isn't all work and no play (although you will obviously work significantly harder than at other universities, but still have plenty of time)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Katie6Gee)
    Want to do law with french at Bristol, but I'm little worried about GCSE's as only got 7A's and 2A*'s but got 4A's at AS level in history, biology, politics and french so who knows.. think I'll just keep my fingers crossed for the next six months. I did the LNAT a few weeks ago and was okay. I think my essay was little on the short side, but hopefully that won't be too much of a problem hoping to send it tomorrow.. very scared! Lots of luck to everyone applying this year. xx
    You have to submit an essay? As part of the LNAT? Or just any essay from your subjects?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Poshtotty)
    You have to submit an essay? As part of the LNAT? Or just any essay from your subjects?
    I'm not sure, but I think she was referring to her personal statement

ReputationRep:
    Want to do law

I have 1 A and 3 B's and taking 6 more this year predicted A's in all of them.

Does anyone know which A levels I should really take and what university's I would get in to if i got realistically, another 3 A's and 3 B's?

ReputationRep:
    GCSE 4A 5B 1C
    AS 1A 3B 1C

Applying for Surrey, Kent, Sussex, Swansea and Oxford Brookes

ReputationRep:
    GCSE 7A* 3A
    IB predicted 41 points

ReputationRep:
    I got 4A*s, 6As, 1B at GCSE, and got into Durham, UCL, KCL, Nottingham and Bristol. I think A Levels and to an extent LNAT are more important.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MikeHarris)
    Is it true durham reject anyone with less than 6 A*s =[?
    It varies from subject to subject - it was 8A* for English one year.
    Like another poster said, it doesn't apply for Law - you needed over 21 in the LNAT when I had an offer.

OP, I have 7A*, 5As and am in my second year at Oxford.

ReputationRep:
    GCSE: 1A* 7A 3B
    AS: 5A
    A2 Predicted: 4A

Applying to:

Cambridge (Catz)
    KCL
    Manchester
    Bristol
    Sheffield

I'm aware that my GCSE grades are below average for people applying to these uni's however this was because when i did them i didnt know what i wanted to do and that i would need good grades so i didnt actually do any work... Assuming my personal statement is good and i get a solid score on my LNAT does anyone know if my GCSE's will effect my chances of getting interviews?

ReputationRep:
    1 A 6Bs and 3Cs GCSE
    ABC + (C Gen Studies) doesnt really count!
    Second year at Bangor.

ReputationRep:
    I got 10A* and an A at GCSE. I got offers from oxford, durham, nottingham, bristol and birmingham.

ReputationRep:
    8 A*s and 4 As

I'm at Warwick, also got into Manchester, Birmingham, Nottingham and Bristol.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: November 6, 2008

University open days

• Southampton Solent University
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Sun, 18 Nov '18
  • University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.