Turn on thread page Beta

How long do you take to straighten your hair? watch

Announcements
  • View Poll Results: How long do you take to straighten your hair?
    Less than 10 minutes
    33.33%
    10 minutes - 30 minutes
    51.19%
    30 minutes - 1 hour
    7.14%
    1 hour - 1 hour 30 minutes
    4.76%
    1 hour 30 minutes - 2 hour
    1.19%
    2 hour - 2 hour 30 minutes
    1.19%
    2 hour 30 minutes - 3 hours
    0%
    More than 3 hours
    1.19%

ReputationRep:
    my hair's quite straight anyway and looks silly if it's dead straight so I only spend about 5-10 minutes sorting out the annoying flicky bits

ReputationRep:
    it depends, if i want dead straight hair then normally around 30 mins or if i am only doing it quickly then 10 mins on my gorgeous ghds

lol

ReputationRep:
    I've managed to get it down to 10mins max!
    I have dead thick hair too so i'd say it's pretty darn speedy!

ReputationRep:
    i wash my hair in the evening so its dry/almost dry when i go to sleep and then i straighten it in the morning..takes about 20 minutes MAX i hate waiting for it to dry so ive found that washing it the night before is best! and yeah i always have STRAIGHT hair!

ReputationRep:
    It take me about 10-15 minutes. I hardly straighten my hair though, but it doesn't take me that long.

ReputationRep:
    When i had really long thick hair and S**T straighteners, it took about 2 hours. Now i have shoulder length hair and some decant straighteners, about 10 mins. It would take less than that if i had a pair of GHDs... *hint to parents* lol

ReputationRep:
    10 minutes tops. My hair is naturally very straight anyway but it has a tendency to flick out because the style is choppy.

ReputationRep:
    I have thick hair, and its fairly long. It takes 7 minutes

ReputationRep:
    I have shoulder-length hair, medium thickness, and it takes only about 10mins, if that, to straighten. I use Remington wet2straights. I like them, they lock in the moisture that's in the hair rather than burning it out
    • PS Helper

PS Helper
    20 minutes.

ReputationRep:
    10-20 minutes from curly/wavy (its natural state); about 2 minutes if I straightened it the day before. It's long hair, as well.

ReputationRep:
    it's just impossible to straighten. even with my friends ghds it requires repeat sessions of straightening to remain straight-ish for more than an hour.
    for a night out, it's blow dry straight & straighten, get dresed+do make up, straighten again, drinks, striagthen a bit more before i leave and attack with hair spray through out and it will STILL be back to curly waves by 2am. and that' just for straight but still ith a bit of body and a flick to the ends! sooo, errr over the course of like two/three hours? maybe an hour on it?

ReputationRep:
    30 mins, although i have longish (just covers my boobs) thick hair, and i am a perfectionist... my ghd's are my best friends

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.