Turn on thread page Beta

Maybe I'm looking into it too much. watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I'm 17 and have never had a girlfriend. The most frightening for me is that I'm not actually attracted to anyone at the moment :woo:.
    That's probably the best way to be, bar none.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Artemis-Hsr)
    why don't you just talk to the girl a bit more and make sure you definitely like her!
    and you said you don't want sex for 4/5 months so if it doesn't last that long nvm
    Yeah, I'm fairly sure, she's lovely!

(Original post by tazarooni89)
    I think I'd share the same opnion as your friend.

Unless you've known someone for a fair while, you probably can't judge whether a relationship with them would last or not. And I know breakups aren't the end of the world, but they sure do suck >_<

How often does it happen that you "like" someone, but a few months later you know more about them, and you realise they're not the type of person you would have wanted to go out with anyway? I personally wouldn't want to waste my time... It might be good while it lasts, but I'd think ahead too. How about getting to know her better first? And if after a while, you've decided that you still really like her, then go for it And if you decide that she probably isn't the kind of girlfriend you wanted, then at least you've made a new friend.

Having said that, a nice progression from Acquaintance -> Friend -> Girlfriend -> Wife sounds pretty good. I don't think there's any need to start jumping ahead :P
    That's what I'm worried about: the minute we start dating (if ever) my opinion could change on the spot.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rockrunride)
    That's what I'm worried about: the minute we start dating (if ever) my opinion could change on the spot.
    Why don't you just make friends with her then - and then ask her out if you still like her?

The thing is, if you ask someone out who you barely know, they have to kind of put on an act for the first few dates, even if it's subconsciously, just to get you to like them more, or to stop things from being awkward or whatever. After that, people become lax about it, and then people start realising that they'd rather be single.

If you're friends first, she can't put on an act because she's aready given the game away, in a sense... And then you'd have liked her for a while, so it'll become unlikely that your opinion would change the minute you start dating.

I'd just advise you to take all the time you need - it's not a race :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tazarooni89)
    Why don't you just make friends with her then - and then ask her out if you still like her?

The thing is, if you ask someone out who you barely know, they have to kind of put on an act for the first few dates, even if it's subconsciously, just to get you to like them more, or to stop things from being awkward or whatever. After that, people become lax about it, and then people start realising that they'd rather be single.

If you're friends first, she can't put on an act because she's aready given the game away, in a sense... And then you'd have liked her for a while, so it'll become unlikely that your opinion would change the minute you start dating.

I'd just advise you to take all the time you need - it's not a race :p:
    I am the world's biggest procrastinator though. If I take all the time I need, I'll die of old age first. :p:

ReputationRep:
    In simple terms. Go for it.

If it doesn't work out then it doesn't, move on.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 17, 2008
Poll
Do protests make a difference in political decisions?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.