Turn on thread page Beta

Which towns/cities in the UK would you really like to see? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amanda)
    Oxford! I know a Rhodes scholar and his pictures from there are awesome.. so jealous.
    Oxford is beautiful

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lnjames)
    Leeds, Manchester, Liverpool, Birmingham, Edinburgh, Glasgow (wearing a stab vest obv.), Cardiff, Leicester, Newcastle, Preston, Lancaster, Bristol, Oxford and Cambridge. Quite a big list.

I'd also like to visit Sheffield and London more, despite being a few times to both.
    Lol! Well, it's not that bad, seriously, not any worse than anywhere else.

ReputationRep:
    I don't see Belfast on any lists?

ReputationRep:
    I'd love to see Newcastle!

Also would like to visit Oxford, Swansea, Leeds, Edinburgh and Dublin.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by flown_muse)
    Lol! Well, it's not that bad, seriously, not any worse than anywhere else.
    Not according to Frankie Boyle. "Looks like we've materialised in the 19th century... Oh, no, it's Glasgow 2007." :p:

ReputationRep:
    Wilmslow and Chester.

ReputationRep:
    Well, I went to Oxfordshire, and that was nice, so probably Oxford. Maybe Buxton, that looks quite nice.

(Original post by naivesincerity)
    Wilmslow and Chester.
    Chester is nice

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lnjames)
    Not according to Frankie Boyle. "Looks like we've materialised in the 19th century... Oh, no, it's Glasgow 2007." :p:
    Aw, aye, well Frankie Boyle is a genius. I'll give you this one

ReputationRep:
    Manchester, Leeds, London, Dublin, Isle of Wight, Isle of Man, Barra (More of a hamlet! lol) Bristol, York.

Love Glasgow and of course Newcastle.

ReputationRep:
    Liverpool, i want to see exactly what the hype is all about and why it got the capital of culture.

I may be going to soon to see a Le Corbousier exhibition there so hopefully ill get a feel for the place.

Liverpool, because I am a big LFC fan and the city looks amazing and Im desperate to get to Anfield. I have always wanted to go to Edinburgh because of the culture and history. I would also love to go back to York, had an amazing break there a couple of years ago.

ReputationRep:
    cambridge, newcastle, leeds, york & glasgow.

for those saying manchester city centre isn't big - you haven't seen all of manchester city centre, then.

ReputationRep:
    Orkney.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SoundDevastation)
    Manchester (ive seen it but not properly) same goes for London, Brighton, Leeds and Birmingham. Places I havent been to and would like to see - Dublin, Glasgow, Edinburgh, Bristol, Bradford, Swansea.. everywhere. I think all cities are fascinating.
    (Original post by GeorgEGNT)
    Manchester, Leeds, London, Dublin, Isle of Wight, Isle of Man, Barra (More of a hamlet! lol) Bristol, York.

Love Glasgow and of course Newcastle.
    Pity Dublin isn't in the UK.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    cambridge, more of oxford again, more of london. um.... maybe newcastle?

I agree, I always think Newcastle looks so vibrant a city, but I have only ever passed through. London, I have been to stacks of times still love it but I don't think I could live there. I think its different to visit somewhere to living somewhere.

ReputationRep:
    Helstone. I'd also like to see some more northern cities, the furthest I've been up north (excluding Edinburgh) is Birmingham.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OhNO!)
    cambridge, newcastle, leeds, york & glasgow.

for those saying manchester city centre isn't big - you haven't seen all of manchester city centre, then.

yeah it is a lot bigger than you'd think when you see it, most people just stick to what is generally known as centre such as deansgate and market street, but there is so much more!

ReputationRep:
    Liverpool, Cambridge, York (im going there in a couple of weeks yay) and Manchester.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shahrukh24)
    yeah it is a lot bigger than you'd think when you see it, most people just stick to what is generally known as centre such as deansgate and market street, but there is so much more!
    tbh, I think the exchange square/piccadilly gardens/st. peter's square area is quite big as it is. then you've got deansgate, the northern quarter, oxford road and all of those areas..

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.