Turn on thread page Beta

Girls, how would you like to be chatted up when... watch

ReputationRep:
    Just smile and say hello, I'm not so sure the whole 'hi you know you're gorgeous?' approach is the best..unless you're a confident charmer, in which case you could look cocky anyway, otherwise you could end up creating such an awkward situation. Just smile and say hi or something, you can't really go wrong with that!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StotheL)
    Just smile and say hello, I'm not so sure the whole 'hi you know you're gorgeous?' approach is the best..unless you're a confident charmer, in which case you could look cocky anyway, otherwise you could end up creating such an awkward situation. Just smile and say hi or something, you can't really go wrong with that!
    as in "hi you know you're gorgeous?"

awkward silence

*tumbleweed*

:eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xTazx)
    as in "hi you know you're gorgeous?"

awkward silence

*tumbleweed*

:eek:
    Haha, yes exactly!

I would most probably laugh if someone said that to me, but then again some girls could just find it creepy and would back off. So until you know what sort of character the girl is, hello is your best bet! :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StotheL)
    Haha, yes exactly!

I would most probably laugh if someone said that to me, but then again some girls could just find it creepy and would back off. So until you know what sort of character the girl is, hello is your best bet! :yep:
    there are many, many, many ways to say hello and still be creepy.

:shock:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xTazx)
    there are many, many, many ways to say hello and still be creepy.

:shock:
    Valid point, then I guess the OP should just man up and go for it in the hope that she won't run a mile! haha.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 22, 2008
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.