Turn on thread page Beta

Got £10000 to spend. What shall I buy? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Indievertigo)
    Yeah even still... That's mighty expensive for 1 chicken. I thought a goat only cost like £30 or something
    Well he can buy chickens AND goats AND cows then.

Sorted.:yep:

Orrrrr he could just buy many chickens!

ReputationRep:
    Buy some paint.

ReputationRep:
    Make it rain.

ReputationRep:
    Register and invest into this website:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Indievertigo)
    £100 for one chicken? He could get a frozen one for £2 in ASDA.
    50 chickens it is then!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by neebo)
    You could buy an Oxfam chicken
    Why on Earth would I buy a chicken for some family in Africa? What have they ever done for me!? It my £100..

ReputationRep:
    http://pamirtimes.files.wordpress.co...pg?w=461&h=500

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Door)
    ???Why??? Why wait to spend it if im going to spend it anyway!? You're dumb. I might die in the meantime dummy, then what?
    Buy a book. Your logic is absurd.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kagutsuchi)
    Buy a book. Your logic is absurd.
    How so?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Door)
    How so?
    By your logic, you can do ANYTHING YOU WANT without caring about the repercussions, because you might die tomorrow anyway - so why not do it today?

By the way, Money + ISA = Interest = More money = Not acting like a flamboyant dike.

ReputationRep:
    By your logic, you can do ANYTHING YOU WANT without caring about the repercussions, because you might die tomorrow anyway - so why not do it today?

By the way, Money + ISA = Interest = More money = Not acting like a flamboyant dike.
    1- I didn't insinuate that I do everything in my life based on the principle that I may not get a chance to do it another time.

2- I was simply presenting the view that, contextually and not objectively, I desired to spend this sum of money rather than save for a later date. I did this by use of hyperbole.

3- As previously and implicitely indicated, this is a forum where one sentence answers are often used to make a point and rarely to state one's long term views or 'logic', as you put it.

In other words, would you lighten up a little?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Door)
    1- I didn't insinuate that I do everything in my life based on the principle that I may not get a chance to do it another time.

2- I was simply presenting the view that, contextually and not objectively, I desired to spend this sum of money rather than save for a later date. I did this by use of hyperbole.

3- As previously and implicitely indicated, this is a forum where one sentence answers are often used to make a point and rarely to state one's long term views or 'logic', as you put it.

In other words, would you lighten up a little?
    1 - Your nature should comply to whatever circumstance you are in.

2 - I suggest you re-evaluate you sentences before posting. "did this by use of hyperbole" - how stupid. It was a clear typing error.

3 - Surely your point must reflect a certain degree of your personality. Therefore, if you save the money NOW you can have money when a rainy day hits - or when the sun is out and you want to buy an ice-cream.

In other words:

SAVE THE MONEY NOW.

ReputationRep:
    1 - Your nature should comply to whatever circumstance you are in.

2 - I suggest you re-evaluate you sentences before posting. "did this by use of hyperbole" - how stupid. It was a clear typing error.

3 - Surely your point must reflect a certain degree of your personality. Therefore, if you save the money NOW you can have money when a rainy day hits - or when the sun is out and you want to buy an ice-cream.

In other words:

SAVE THE MONEY NOW.
    1- Ridiculous; why on Earth should I act with all my money in the same nature and in the same way I do with family, education, work, beliefs and all other aspects of life. I'm sorry, but YOUR logic is absurd.

2- Lol how can a whole post be a typing error?? and if it was then your whole counter-argument has no basis!!

In other words: this must be a troll surely? No really, no one argues just for the sake of argument THAT much!?

ReputationRep:
    Instead of looking for things to buy, why not SAVE it until you want something. That way you get something you really wanted.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Door)
    1- Ridiculous; why on Earth should I act with all my money in the same nature and in the same way I do with family, education, work, beliefs and all other aspects of life. I'm sorry, but YOUR logic is absurd.

2- Lol how can a whole post be a typing error?? and if it was then your whole counter-argument has no basis!!

In other words: this must be a troll surely? No really, no one argues just for the sake of argument THAT much!?
    1 - You needn't. But saving £100 could help you ALOT in the future. It does show a shred of your nature though.

2 - Anyone who begins a sentence with "lol" should be shot then eaten by bugs.

Oh damn. My cover has been blown. Now time to run around Oxford Circus and eat some children.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cascadingstylez)
    Instead of looking for things to buy, why not SAVE it until you want something. That way you get something you really wanted.
    :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cascadingstylez)
    But I really do want to buy something, I just dont know what it is...

ReputationRep:
    try here

all sorts of random crap to buy and then play with to your hearts content

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Door)
    ???Why??? Why wait to spend it if im going to spend it anyway!? You're dumb. I might die in the meantime dummy, then what?
    Then the money can go to paying for your coffin, or plant pot with a lid

Poll
Do protests make a difference in political decisions?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.