Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Meus)
    Then there should be banners arguing for religion. Fair is fair.
    That's the reason they're putting the atheist banners up in the first place.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Meus)
    Then there should be banners arguing for religion. Fair is fair.
    There are, I see them all the time.

ReputationRep:
    Against it. How is that any better than force-feeding religion, it's the exact same thing. Let people live how they want.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hawiz)
    Against it. How is that any better than force-feeding religion, it's the exact same thing. Let people live how they want.
    It's hardly force-feeding religion on anyone, just as putting a McDonalds advert on a bus is hardly force-feeding big macs on anyone. It's just an annoying little sign that will please atheists and aggravate theists.

ReputationRep:
    For it in one way, as it's a step towards matching religious advertising, which is a good thing i feel.
    Against it more though, I think, as certainly the money can be spent on better things.
    Certainly if you don't believe eternal salvation will be caused by this, I'm not sure it's worth the money, compared with charity.

ReputationRep:
    that guy from Christian Voice's response was classic.

ReputationRep:
    Why do athiests care so much if someone is religious anyway? Some theists try and get people to convert because they feel they are saving them from hell etc, but what leads atheists to try and get everyone to give up their beliefs?

ReputationRep:
    I think this is a bad idea. If they are going to do this then they should put religious advertisements aswell otherwise its unfair.

ReputationRep:
    I don't understand why people are so fiercely against religion anyway

ReputationRep:
    I think its pretty hypocritical, The way I see it, atheism is a religious choice/belief, same as being a christian, muslim, jew whatever. So to put the ideas on buses is preaching. Its the same as any other religion trying to convert people,, which i think is wrong. People should just have their own belief and keep it to themselves.

ReputationRep:
    I'm an athiest, dont see what all the fuss is about really... Religion isnt a big thing where i live, 90% of people are middle class atheists... I've never seen a poster advertising 'religion', i've seen posters advertising church meetings every now and then but that's kind of different.

Londons a very different place from where i live so i dont think i can really comment on this. Very funny quote from the christian bloke though "Bendy-buses, like atheism, are a danger to the public at large." :laughing:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by El Doctoré de Mystéro)
    Why do athiests care so much if someone is religious anyway? Some theists try and get people to convert because they feel they are saving them from hell etc, but what leads atheists to try and get everyone to give up their beliefs?
    Gives them a purpose of life? :p:

ReputationRep:
    Some find it annoying when people believe seemingly nonsensical things.
    Also, probably more the fact that people have tried to push religious views on them, causign a dislike of religion..or they could be against negative effects in society or w/e.
    As for me, atheist as I am, I couldn't care less what other people believe.

ReputationRep:
    It's not like people won't have heard that before - it's not going to change any minds, just incite anger from some.

ReputationRep:
    exactly. ive never understood this myself

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rabbit Season)
    It's hardly force-feeding religion on anyone, just as putting a McDonalds advert on a bus is hardly force-feeding big macs on anyone. It's just an annoying little sign that will please atheists and aggravate theists.
    I don't mean it like that, I mean it's hypocritical if they are putting those up to protest freedom of belief.

If it was intended as a retaliation to religious posters then it's more understandable, but I've never actually seen any religious advertisments on Buses.

ReputationRep:
    Seems pointless to me. Anyone reading the sign already knows and believes what it says, or will never believe what it says.

ReputationRep:
    The irony is how many of these 'atheists' celebrate Christmas

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gee, Blossom)
    I don't think that there should be anything publicised relating to religion, even though I am atheist myself, basically because belief is a personal subject and others shouldn't be subjected to listening to others views whether religious or otherwise. Perhaps I'm wrong, I don't know.
    Why must we always tip toe around religion. Other personal beliefs are fine to question /sigh.

(Original post by Meus)
    I don't understand why people are so fiercely against religion anyway
    It's 'coz we blow people up init.

Poll
Do protests make a difference in political decisions?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.