You Know When You're In England When... watch

ReputationRep:
    you can get a degree in cheese studies

ReputationRep:
    ... DFS has a new sale on !

ReputationRep:
    You know when you're in England when...

-It's raining
    -Someone nearby's/you're complaining about something or other (most likely chavs)
    -You're stuck in a queue, and think it's completely normal
    -You're stuck in a queue complaining about the rain.

-It's much easier to find a foreign restaurant (Italian/Indian/Chinese) than an English one.

ReputationRep:
    You feel at home? :dontknow: Just me then?

ReputationRep:
    chavs.

almost exclusive to the uk.

most of what you guys have said could be anywhere.

ReputationRep:
    It rains more that it doesn't.

ReputationRep:
    When its 9.30am on a Monday morning, and the bus is full of drunk slutty girls, and puking guys. The epitome of class.

ReputationRep:
    When there's more scummy people queuing outside the jobcentreplus first thing on a Monday morning than are actually going to work.

ReputationRep:
    you see Boris Johnson's Gloriously Funny Mug in the paper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nicolish)
    I did that a few years ago!

I regret it :P was so long!
    working it is even worse! everyone pushing and shoving each other to get the £2 kids clothes and shoes lol.

I'm agreeing with a lot of what everyone else is coming up with I must admit!!

ReputationRep:
    United Carpets and Beds have a never ending sale.

ReputationRep:
    The people want to define themselves.

ReputationRep:
    I know I'm in England when:
    - People have horrible teeth
    - Chavs

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by J-E-N-O-V-A)
    you can get a degree in cheese studies
    Where? That sounds delicious...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cucumber sandwich)
    I know I'm in England when:
    - People have horrible teeth
    - Chavs
    Woo, that's me! I think the same gene that gave me bad teeth turned me geekish -- like Spiderman, but less cool. :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Moved from there to Lancaster a month ago, and one of the main things I miss, a good, proper, curry. I've had curries, been to places here and stuff, but they're not the same. No-one here seems to have a clue what they're doing. And they don't understand spice at all!

I might have said about how much it sucks before, but I can't wait for the weekend. Going home for it, and the first thing I'm doing when I go back, straight out to an Indian restaurant!

ReputationRep:
    The people around you are a mix of Pakistanis, Somalis, Indians, Bangladeshis, Chinese, Nigerians...with the odd white person thrown in as well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Charlybob)
    Nothing wrong with that!

Moved from there to Lancaster a month ago, and one of the main things I miss, a good, proper, curry. I've had curries, been to places here and stuff, but they're not the same. No-one here seems to have a clue what they're doing. And they don't understand spice at all!

I might have said about how much it sucks before, but I can't wait for the weekend. Going home for it, and the first thing I'm doing when I go back, straight out to an Indian restaurant!
    That's a good trade-off. We get curry, and they get to racially replace us. Woohoo!

ReputationRep:
    ive just got back from california.. and right now i ******* hate the UK.. loada bull **** country :awesome:

Im soo moving outta this country ASAP

and lol at the pikey kid one.. so true!

ReputationRep:
    When you see the Big Ben right in of you I suppose :P to speak simply.. rather than the negative stuff thats on this thread

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 2, 2008
Poll
Do protests make a difference in political decisions?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.