The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
kirsty007
heres all the past questions for the units im doing

Psychology Past Questions

Relationships

Jan 08

2 Discuss research into ‘understudied relationships’, such as gay and lesbian relationships, and mediated (eg Internet and text) relationships. (24 marks)

June 07

2 (a) Outline two explanations of interpersonal attraction (eg matching hypothesis, evolutionary explanations). (12 marks)

(b) Evaluate one of the explanations of interpersonal attraction you have outlined in your answer to part (a). (12 marks)

Jan 07

2 Discuss the nature of relationships in different cultures. Use research studies in your answer.(24 marks)

June 06

2 Outline and evaluate two explanations relating to the breakdown of relationships. (24 marks)

Jan 06

2 (a) Outline two theories relating to the formation and/or maintenance of relationships (eg social exchange theory, reward and/or need satisfaction). (12 marks)

(b) Evaluate one of the theories of the formation and/or maintenance of relationships you have outlined in (a). (12 marks)

June 05
2 Outline and evaluate two or more psychological explanations of love. (24marks)
Pro and anti social behaviour

Jan 08

3 (a) Outline two social psychological theories of aggression (eg social learning theory, deindividuation). (12 marks)

(b) Evaluate one of the social psychological theories of aggression that you have outlined in part (a). (12 marks)

June 07

3 Outline and evaluate studies relating to human altruism and/or bystander behaviour. (24 marks)

Jan 07

3 Outline and evaluate research studies relating to media influences on anti-social behaviour.(24 marks)

June 06

3 Discuss research into the effects of environmental stressors on aggressive behaviour. (24 marks)

Jan 06

3 Outline and evaluate two social psychological theories of aggression (eg social learning theory, deindividuation). (24 marks)

June 05

3 Outline and evaluate one or more explanations of human altruism and/or bystander behaviour.(24 marks)

Sleep

Jan 08

5 Discuss research relating to the nature of dreams (eg content, duration, type of dream).(24 marks)

June 07

5 (a) Outline the restoration theory of sleep. (6 marks)

(b) Outline findings from studies of sleep deprivation. Consider the implications of such findings for theories of sleep. (18 marks)

Jan 07

5 Discuss the role of endogenous pacemakers and exogenous zeitgebers in biological rhythms.(24 marks)

June 06

5 Outline and evaluate two theories relating to the functions of sleep. (24 marks)

Jan 06

5 (a) Outline two theories of dreaming. (12 marks)

(b) Evaluate one of the theories of dreaming that you have outlined in (a). (12 marks)

June 05

5 (a) Outline research (theories and/or studies) into one or more forms of biological rhythms (e.g. circadian, infradian, ultradian rhythms). (12 marks)

(b) Assess the consequences of disrupting biological rhythms. (12 marks)

they are all copied from the aqa website

gd luck everyone with yr exams!!

from looking at these questions i have a feeling that the psychological explanations of love may come up in jan as it hasnt appeared for ages. what do u think???
also
I was trying to work it out too!!
I have no idea but I need to bloody revise, I'm so bad!
Reply 22
does anyone know what came up in aqa a unit 2...especially the stress questions
Reply 23
hii, i want to know if anyones got the questions for social and psychological sections from the june 2008 paper! thanksssx
Reply 24
notice how the only question for relationships that has not been asked yet is the one about describing/evaluating research studies into interpersonal attraction. explanations has been done, but not research studies. people say that you shouldn't try to predict, but i would say they will either ask that, or something about love
Reply 25
i have 3 exams in total pya4 psy is first so at least its over and done with. anyone else doing sleep? i am, i have hardly any notes on it compared to my other revision notes, do you too???
Reply 26
kirsty007
i have 3 exams in total pya4 psy is first so at least its over and done with. anyone else doing sleep? i am, i have hardly any notes on it compared to my other revision notes, do you too???

see if you can get a copy of "psychology A2 - the exam companion" it has all the info you need, and example a grade essays.

Latest

Trending

Trending