Student getting on my Nerves!! Watch

running_with_scissors
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
No problem, it happened to me a lot last year where I was spending too much time with some people. They get too comfortable with you and think that they can project all their arguments onto you and it usually ends up being petty. Plus you start to notice annoying things about them (little things like the way they sit or something) and you know you've gotta give it some space. Works everytime for me anyway, 'cos at the end of the day you don't want it to erupt into some massiver argument - waaay too much drama over a small issue. Although perhaps her liking you could make it a bit mroe complicated...has she given you any signs?
Phantom Phoenix
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Kind of sounds like you're the person who's causing problems, OP...or both of you are. But you say that "when someone else is wrong you have to prove your point", and while I'm sure everyone has that urge when they're convinced that someone else is wrong, it doesn't make for a happy relationship with people in the real world. Just bite your tongue and let it all out flaming people you disagree with on TSR :yes:
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
(Original post by running_with_scissors)
No problem, it happened to me a lot last year where I was spending too much time with some people. They get too comfortable with you and think that they can project all their arguments onto you and it usually ends up being petty. Plus you start to notice annoying things about them (little things like the way they sit or something) and you know you've gotta give it some space. Works everytime for me anyway, 'cos at the end of the day you don't want it to erupt into some massiver argument - waaay too much drama over a small issue. Although perhaps her liking you could make it a bit mroe complicated...has she given you any signs?
Well to be honest, she threw the odd kiss in MSN here and there, which I thought was normal. So i said that i had a girlfriend to a friend in class, and that's when it went all weird. Also, she thought i was laughing at her with the clothes that she wears ( Rocker type) and i wasn't to be honest.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Phantom Phoenix)
Kind of sounds like you're the person who's causing problems, OP...or both of you are. But you say that "when someone else is wrong you have to prove your point", and while I'm sure everyone has that urge when they're convinced that someone else is wrong, it doesn't make for a happy relationship with people in the real world. Just bite your tongue and let it all out flaming people you disagree with on TSR :yes:
Could be phantom, that's why the distance thing is good. Take this though, why is it only her? My conversationalist techniques do not affect other people, so i cannot understand why i would be causing the problem.
Shake 'n Bake
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Thanks, I think that sums it up pretty well for the whole situation.

I shouldn't say this but your experiences could prove invaluable for me LOL.

I have her MSN would it be recommended to block her for a while?
Well I think your situation is different from mine since you are a boy. Maybe she has a crush on you.

I think you should talk about it first, but if she continues block her.
Abbbie
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I personally wouldn't want to agree with her stupid arguments just to shut her up- why not tell her you want to agree to disagree! Or tell her she's being petty. Might bring her up short.

Eh, about her liking you... it's a possibility I suppose... debate can be seen as a kind of flirty banter in the right situations! I do it! But I wouldn't read too much into that.
Phantom Phoenix
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Could be phantom, that's why the distance thing is good. Take this though, why is it only her? My conversationalist techniques do not affect other people, so i cannot understand why i would be causing the problem.
Because she's like you and hates it when someone holds a view she considers obviously wrong :p: Believe me, when two people like that run into each other it gets very noisy and uncomfortable. It's not really you, it's both of you not wanting to back down. Unfortunately one of you will have to give way for the sake of your friends' collective sanity.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Shake 'n Bake)
Well I think your situation is different from mine since you are a boy. Maybe she has a crush on you.

I think you should talk about it first, but if she continues block her.
If she does continue anyway i will cut ties altogether.
Shake 'n Bake
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Well to be honest, she threw the odd kiss in MSN here and there, which I thought was normal. So i said that i had a girlfriend to a friend in class, and that's when it went all weird. Also, she thought i was laughing at her with the clothes that she wears ( Rocker type) and i wasn't to be honest.
Ok your situation is definately different from mine. She has a crush on you and is disapointed you have a girlfriend. :yep:

She wants you and your gonna fall into her trap (she's creating sexual tension).

If you wanna stay with your gf keep clear of this one.
Anonymous #1
Because she's like you and hates it when someone holds a view she considers obviously wrong :p: Believe me, when two people like that run into each other it gets very noisy and uncomfortable. It's not really you, it's both of you not wanting to back down. Unfortunately one of you will have to give way for the sake of your friends' collective sanity.
Gees 6 weeks into uni and so much is happening already, could it get any better lol
running_with_scissors
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Well if you don't fancy her then it's probably a good idea to steer clear of the debates, 'cos then there are other emotions in play here. If she hasn't told you she likes you, but she may do, and you don't like her back, then I think the distance thing is probs the best thing. When you do bump into her be polite etc. of course, you do not want a vindictive girl after you especially one who seems so argumentative.
Absurd
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
A healthy debate shouldn't annoy you, old boy. There's nowt wrong with a good argument!
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Shake 'n Bake)
Ok your situation is definately different from mine. She has a crush on you and is disapointed you have a girlfriend. :yep:

She wants you and your gonna fall into her trap (she's creating sexual tension).

If you wanna stay with your gf keep clear of this one.
sounds like EastEnders, reason I'm looking into this so much is because i don't want to become enemies.
there's too much love
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
sleep with her, there's obviously loads of sexual tension:P
Anonymous #1
(Original post by running_with_scissors)
Well if you don't fancy her then it's probably a good idea to steer clear of the debates, 'cos then there are other emotions in play here. If she hasn't told you she likes you, but she may do, and you don't like her back, then I think the distance thing is probs the best thing. When you do bump into her be polite etc. of course, you do not want a vindictive girl after you especially one who seems so argumentative.
Thats my point i don't i just want to be her friend :/
eulerwaswrong
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago

when someone disagrees with me its my natural instinct to prove a point
respect other peoples opinion? Whether someone is good musically is rather subjective cant you just accept that she is allowed an opinion just as much as you
Phantom Phoenix
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Gees 6 weeks into uni and so much is happening already, could it get any better lol
Hah, believe me, I sympathise. When I first went to uni I made friends with a group of people who seemed lovely at first; however it rapidly became apparent that one of the girls was a loud, obnoxious mare without a shred of apparent social grace. The others in the group were nice but I couldn't stand her; it was a considerable relief when I deferred my course and moved into a private flat, so never had to see her again. Since you're not likely to be deferring, though (hopefully!), you should try to keep things as friendly as possible.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by eulerwaswrong)
respect other peoples opinion? Whether someone is good musically is rather subjective cant you just accept that she is allowed an opinion just as much as you
Your right euler, its just kinda hard when you think your right, and most of the time i am hence me being on the debating team.

I don't know any more lol but distance is the first priority

I'll give you all positive feed back over the coming days, can only do one a day, i think :/
Anonymous #1
Hah, believe me, I sympathise. When I first went to uni I made friends with a group of people who seemed lovely at first; however it rapidly became apparent that one of the girls was a loud, obnoxious mare without a shred of apparent social grace. The others in the group were nice but I couldn't stand her; it was a considerable relief when I deferred my course and moved into a private flat, so never had to see her again. Since you're not likely to be deferring, though (hopefully!), you should try to keep things as friendly as possible.
Phantom this is also a problem, the people i am friends with are so so nice, and i can see me being friends with them for years. its just Miss argumentative that's the problem
RyanT
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
She might not think of it as arguing but as talking...it sounds to me like you can't take people disagreeing with you. Just chill out, ignore it if she disagrees...people are allowed different opinions.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (77)
26.92%
No (209)
73.08%

Watched Threads