Turn on thread page Beta

I assume public schools create and mark examination papers on site. watch

ReputationRep:
    so why don't state schools (or any other learning institute for that matter), follow the same fool proof trend and concentrate solely on exam technique? I still don't accept the theories being suggested here tbh, I think these public schools are bent.

ReputationRep:
    thank you amar90. you are indeed an enlightened one.

(Original post by Barry Chuckle)
    so why don't state schools (or any other learning institute for that matter), follow the same fool proof trend and concentrate solely on exam technique? I still don't accept the theories being suggested here tbh, I think these public schools are bent.
    How the bloody hell could they facilitate cheating outside of coursework?

ReputationRep:
    I go to a normal school and we get taught beyond the syllabus to the point it is annoying.

Especially with maths, science, spanish etc etc

At our school though it is a case of your home life than the school. The ones with money/ no problems etc do really well yet the poor/ home problems do badly as the school concentrate purely on the able students rather than the other lot.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Elementric)
    I've experienced the opposite: at private school I get taught beyond the exam syllabus.
    same

ReputationRep:
    (i) A lot of private schools are selective
    (ii) those that are selective are always very competitive to gain entry into and will take the students whom they deem to be the most intelligent for their age.
    (iii) I have not seen the tv programme, but would comment on the rather obvious point that if I was making such a programme then I may well be rather inclined to interview people who are not what the general public may expect simply to get people talking about the programme.... and it seems that perhaps the prodycer of said programme thinks along somewhat similar lines....
    (iv) etc etc ...

Im off to watch question time...

Poll
Do you have a role model?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.