MSN ettiquette?? Watch

Liquidus Zeromus
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Vohamanah)
This is the reason I don't use MSN. I can't stand the mini-drama
I dislike using it, but it's the only way I can keep in contact with some people.
amrizzle
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Phone her up and demand an explanation!

Or just ask her why she's being quiet, if you're best friends it shouldn't be uncomfortable.
Dr Zeuss™
Report 10 years ago
Someone I know just replies with "lol" to everything I say. I mean I'm funny, but that's just taking it too far...
Oogamy
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Norfolkadam)
However, if someone was to nudge me that is an instant block. The nudge function is so fecking rude.
Disable it, or use a good client.
ßlαcksωαn
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Don't make it into a big deal.
Big Kabz
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
just say "estoy cansado/a" and you'll understand
little bear
Report 10 years ago
Chances are, you'll wake up tomorrow and wonder what the problem was.
Sithius
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
This is why I barely have any contacts on MSN. I only add those I'm closest too.

I don't understand people who have 300 contacts or something like that. I have no interest in these people, so why should they be on there? I understand why people do it for Facebook, because it's like some sort of competition, but MSN? Really, there's no need.
CatatonicStupor
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
There's no such thing as etiquette on MSN - it just doesn't exist. I mean, who the heck has time to say "Bye" or "G2G" when they can just click "Sign out"? It defeats the purpose. At the dinner table, when you have all those knives and spoons and ****, they're there for a reason - G2G, Bye, Hello, I am fine, blah blah blah don't fill a function really, just a desire to have a response to an inane question.

Good luck with getting used to it - I've spent the last three years saying "Hi" to people and getting nothing, or saying something only to find they signed out an hour before without saying anything...
History_rocks
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
been reading some of they comments there... you dont mean theyre not talking to you in terms of theyve got other stuff to do or jus cos it msn or wotever.. u mean more lke your always the one who makes the effort to talk and listen to their probs or their day yet they dnt consider how youve bn? yeah?
some people tend to be tlk more abot themselves or centrre of attection kinda thing..its so annoyin
SiaSiaSia
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
it's just MSN
i'm a rubbish contact... i just leave it on for ages and then come back to like 20 messages from random times.
i only go on to talk to one person and then loads start talking. gr.
Zayne
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Dr Zeuss™)
Someone I know just replies with "lol" to everything I say. I mean I'm funny, but that's just taking it too far...
I know someone, well two maybe but I don't to them much, who does that, it's a bit annoying :/.
punktopia
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
What is it with people and msn these days? It's just msn, it's not real.
pritnep
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by emmers1990)
I can't stand being asked 'how are you?' all the time.
:o: I don't really like it especially when I talk to the person often, almost everyone seems to do it. Usually I will answers with the usual ok or good others I'll ask some questions because apparently a few people have said it's to get the conversation going...although sometimes it can be a stoper.
Eh sometimes I forget I have MSN on and go to a play a game and the status is busy and I don't see msgs for hours I then either reply if I they are online saying sorry I was afk or something or leave them an offliner sorry I missed you and try to answer their question or whatever if they had one.
Nidhogg_Rider
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
MSN makes for the worst conversations after you've got to know someone well enough.

Other than that, it's good for passing along messages every now and then, but I wish people would be more...sociable on it at times.
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you like exams?

Yes (205)
18.69%
No (665)
60.62%
Not really bothered about them (227)
20.69%

Watched Threads