Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SevenDeuceOff)
    Don't go to the 4th floor food place, it's horrific.
    :rofl:

where are subway, wasabi etc? I'm sure I've seen them many times but I can't remember

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by motorhead)
    :rofl:

where are subway, wasabi etc? I'm sure I've seen them many times but I can't remember
    Kingsway, round the corner from the Waldorf Hilton/LA Fitness and pretty much opposite Hot Gossip/Starbucks.

ReputationRep:
    :eek: Wow do people actually eat Lunch in and around LSE (gosh I sound poor lol).

ReputationRep:
    if you're willing to walk for about 20 minutes, the brunswick (near russell square) has a "hare and tortoise" which is always busy 'cause it's tasty and cheap.

ReputationRep:
    Hare and tortoise is good and cheap, i agree with the poster above. a filling meal for less than 6 pounds - 12 minute walk from school.

ReputationRep:
    or if you got a bus pass like me you can get the 168 188 91 to Russel Square from Aldwych which only takes 5min as I go to the Uni of London gym which is also near russle square

ReputationRep:
    a "bus pass"?

ReputationRep:
    a "bus pass"?
    http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tickets/faresandtickets/1059.aspx

How can you not know what a bus pass is?!

ReputationRep:
    a "bus pass"?
    Yep £35 a month for those with a student card

a "bus pass" :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    oh the travelcard! of course I know about it

ReputationRep:
    another thing to consider is the boots lunch/meal deal. not for everyday, but once in a while, it's great, and super cheap. (and, if you choose an innocent smoothie as your "drink", quite good value for your money...) here's a link, in case you don't already know about it: http://www.ciao.co.uk/Boots_Shop__Review_5484748
    (there's a boots across from holburn station and one in covent garden, and many others close to school...)

ReputationRep:
    Yep it cost £3.45 (got one today )

ReputationRep:
    haha, i was walking back from LSE today and i realised the amount of cafes, quick food outlets about... serioulsy its full of them!
    my fave is the little cafe near portugal street tho! cheep as chips and make gd coffee

ReputationRep:
    My friends and I often visit the bar Shakespear's Head near Holborn Station... their english breakfast is really quite cheap but they only serve it up to noon I think. Otherwise their 2 main course meal deal is quite reasonable too if you are with friends.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pspri)
    haha, i was walking back from LSE today and i realised the amount of cafes, quick food outlets about... serioulsy its full of them!
    my fave is the little cafe near portugal street tho! cheep as chips and make gd coffee
    I've walked down Portugal street 100 times without seeing a cafe?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pspri)
    Tell me you don't mean Wright's Bar? Because they definitely don't make good coffee.

(Original post by SevenDeuceOff)
    Tell me you don't mean Wright's Bar? Because they definitely don't make good coffee.
    Nah, that's off Houghton Street. There's a pub/cafe-ish kind of place in between the School and Lincoln's Inn Fields.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crazy_wing)
    My friends and I often visit the bar Shakespear's Head near Holborn Station... their english breakfast is really quite cheap but they only serve it up to noon I think. Otherwise their 2 main course meal deal is quite reasonable too if you are with friends.
    yeah I go their like 2-3 times a week lol.

ReputationRep:
    People here are too harsh on the Brunch Bowl. Yes it's a tad pricey, but the food is not half bad (quite good actually). And very importantly, there's LOTS OF VARIETY.

Anyway, take your pick. Go to Pret or EAT - they do healthy stuff for < 4 quid.

ReputationRep:
    yo as a fellow american i'm ****ing shocked by how ludicrously expensive everything is. 4 pounds pretty much buys you a sandwich and chips, maybe a drink. it's not going to get you anything more exciting that that. it surely isn't going to get you any ethnic food. i just ate at wasabi and curry with rice was >6 pounds. with this in mind Pret is the #1 choice in my opinion for combination of quality of food + cheap price; mcdonald's is good if you want protein; and tesco is the low budget leader: you can get a sandwich, chips, and a bottle of water for 2 quid. good luck. if you find anyplace interesting that you can eat at for 4 post it on here...

<Originally Posted by dpure
    cafe amici on kingsway is actually quite nice
    u cannot be serious...>

amici is not worth the money. my creamy alfredo with "chicken" consisted of a blob of what tasted like canned alfredo with NO salt & a couple scraggly pieces of chicken with tendons in every bite. the portion size was pretty good though, which redeems it enough to say that it's not worth the money but it's not affirmatively Bad

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: December 31, 2013
Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.