Turn on thread page Beta

Video of me squatting - CALLIN OUT BEBBS watch

ReputationRep:
    Tund3, In Mark's words, "you should use a belt when the weight starts to feel damn heavy."

To expand on mny earlier point, correct usuage of the belt will give you a surface to contract your abdominals against, and it should't be used on warmups unless you are getting used to it. Are the main two points.

ReputationRep:
    ******** to weight belts.

ReputationRep:
    Well my ATG squats might be only like 110kg x5, but for comparison, when I was like 145lb skinny ass runt I could squat 115kg x5 parallel easy with no belt and that was ages ago, then I reset to 50kg to learn how to squat ATG and just started adding weight from there and started using a belt when I started squatting like 100kg ATG. Now I just wear a belt after I do 60kg x8, 80kg x5 warmup.

I also wear a belt to deadlift except for warmups.

ReputationRep:
    Who cares if he wears a belt? I bet he does more ab work than most anyway.

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.