HSBC My account help!! Watch

Defcon
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Yer and like you said, it's your first time so they'll probably waiver it.
i.am.lost
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
OK I know for a fact that you CANNOT go overdrawn on MyAccount from personal experience. Last summer, I didn't realise that a trip to Regent Street left me with just £3 in my MyAccount account (talk about word repetition!) and I then went into 5 different coffee shops, and my card was declined in every shop (it was not until then that I realised I had no money left!)

As far as I am aware, they are not allowed to lend to minors by law.
Orthala
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by i.am.lost)
OK I know for a fact that you CANNOT go overdrawn on MyAccount from personal experience. Last summer, I didn't realise that a trip to Regent Street left me with just £3 in my MyAccount account (talk about word repetition!) and I then went into 5 different coffee shops, and my card was declined in every shop (it was not until then that I realised I had no money left!)

As far as I am aware, they are not allowed to lend to minors by law.
They still do. I've been overdrawn when I was under 18.

Banks have a 'mini limit' which isn't shown to the customer but it allows the customer, if needed to go overdrawn by a little amount. This only ends up being about £5.

However this limit can change daily and can be quite harsh.

But yes generally banks aren't allowed to lend to under 18s. It happens with all other banks too.
Juno
  • PS Reviewer
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Since you're under 18, they can't charge you for going overdrawn. They also can't technically chase you for the £10 you owe, but if you tried that they would close all accounts you hold with them.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (199)
27.95%
No (513)
72.05%

Watched Threads