Worried about uni offers. Watch

Mrs.X
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by reddevilleanne)
I completed my UCAS form in September but my 6th Form still haven't bothered to write my reference and send it off yet, so I know how frustrating it is when other people are telling you they have offers already!
SNAP! My 6th forms really pissing me off about it, they're not sending out applications when they get them but waiting till the whole years completed them. Apparently it's a method to 'pressure' all the lazy, slow people into being faster. They seem to be ignoring the fact that it's reducing everyone's chances of getting offers =/ I'm crapping myself, I've applied for a competitive subject in quite competitive unis argh
DarkWhite
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by espo)
Interesting.....
Was this offer after an interview? My brother has an interview coming up and is wondering how long he might have to wait after to hear from them. Have you had an interview/applicant day yet?
It was a Visit Day with an interview, and I think he got the offer a couple of [working] days after.
mr_Cricket
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
for management (business related course) which uni is more prestigious, sheffield or York?? this is actually a difficult decision what do u guys think??
reddevilleanne
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Mrs.X)
SNAP! My 6th forms really pissing me off about it, they're not sending out applications when they get them but waiting till the whole years completed them. Apparently it's a method to 'pressure' all the lazy, slow people into being faster. They seem to be ignoring the fact that it's reducing everyone's chances of getting offers =/ I'm crapping myself, I've applied for a competitive subject in quite competitive unis argh
My 6th form is doing the exact same thing, it's driving me mad! Especially as loads of people on here have got their offers already!

Which course are you applying for? I'm applying for Journalism at 3 London Uni's that don't have many places on their courses... looks like I'm screwed!
LH123
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
You got till the 15th January.
IanDangerously
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I sent my UCAS form in at 2pm on the deadline day (January 15th) last year, and recieved offers from all 5 universities. :p:
jabed786
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
for management (business related course) which uni is more prestigious, sheffield or York?? this is actually a difficult decision what do u guys think??
wow that is hard (not being sarcastic there lol)
Dunno why but I think it might be York. I know this may sound a bit stupid but maybe looking at the times subject league table can help make up your mind a little.
redbean89
Report 10 years ago
i'm applying to UK as an international student. The courses I'm applying for requires AAA-AAB while i only got BBB for my AS. While for my forecasted results, it have no idea about it. How high of chances is it for me to receive a conditional official?
Mrs.X
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
My 6th form is doing the exact same thing, it's driving me mad! Especially as loads of people on here have got their offers already!

Which course are you applying for? I'm applying for Journalism at 3 London Uni's that don't have many places on their courses... looks like I'm screwed!
Oh Journalism's hard to get into, I've got quite a few friends applying. I'm going for English Lit it's not like I even have grades good enough to beat everyone else! What London unis?
mr_Cricket
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I completed my UCAS form in September but my 6th Form still haven't bothered to write my reference and send it off yet, so I know how frustrating it is when other people are telling you they have offers already!

Have you finished your personal statement yet? I have a piece of paper my 6th form gave me for help with writing your statement... I could type it up later and email it you if that's any help?
what course you applying for? u got offers?
reddevilleanne
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Mrs.X)
Oh Journalism's hard to get into, I've got quite a few friends applying. I'm going for English Lit it's not like I even have grades good enough to beat everyone else! What London unis?
Oooh English! I love English, was gutted I couldn't do it at A-level tho coz I'm doing a National Diploma which is worth 2 A-levels so I don't have enough time free on the timetable, it sucks.

I'm applying to Kingston, Roehampton and Goldsmiths. I also just put London Southbank as a last resort incase all of the others don't offer me a place. If all goes to plan tho, Kingston will be my firm and Goldsmiths will be my insurance I think.

Where are you applying to?
βored
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by mr_Cricket)
Once you've got your offers you should really decide which university you personally prefer! Which impressed you more when you visited? Which has the better course structure and offers modules that interest you? Which has the better facilities?

It's a big decision that you don't want to make based on prestige alone.
βored
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by jabed786)
wow that is hard (not being sarcastic there lol)
Dunno why but I think it might be York. I know this may sound a bit stupid but maybe looking at the times subject league table can help make up your mind a little.
Bad idea. Never choose which university you actually plan to go to based on a league table. Using them to choose your 5 choices is bad enough but actually deciding your firm choice based on them is ridiculous.
mr_Cricket
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by βored)
Bad idea. Never choose which university you actually plan to go to based on a league table. Using them to choose your 5 choices is bad enough but actually deciding your firm choice based on them is ridiculous.
thanks ill bear that in mind.
Mrs.X
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Oooh English! I love English, was gutted I couldn't do it at A-level tho coz I'm doing a National Diploma which is worth 2 A-levels so I don't have enough time free on the timetable, it sucks.

I'm applying to Kingston, Roehampton and Goldsmiths. I also just put London Southbank as a last resort incase all of the others don't offer me a place. If all goes to plan tho, Kingston will be my firm and Goldsmiths will be my insurance I think.

Where are you applying to?
Ahh that's crap, it's like me with French

I almost applied to Goldsmiths but decided I didn't particularly wanna stay in London because I'd be forced to stay home which would drive me mad lol I can just imagine me rolling in at 4am and my mum being like 'where the hell have you been?! Have you eaten?' haha.

I've applied to Leeds, Southampton, Leicester, Queen Mary and Kent. I'm pretty much guaranteed to be rejected by Leeds so I want Southampton/Leicester as my firm (not that I've even visited the places OR gotten offers =/) and Kent as my insurance. Pray.

What other subjects do you do?
reddevilleanne
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Mrs.X)
Ahh that's crap, it's like me with French

I almost applied to Goldsmiths but decided I didn't particularly wanna stay in London because I'd be forced to stay home which would drive me mad lol I can just imagine me rolling in at 4am and my mum being like 'where the hell have you been?! Have you eaten?' haha.

I've applied to Leeds, Southampton, Leicester, Queen Mary and Kent. I'm pretty much guaranteed to be rejected by Leeds so I want Southampton/Leicester as my firm (not that I've even visited the places OR gotten offers =/) and Kent as my insurance. Pray.

What other subjects do you do?
Ahh I see. Whereabouts in London are you now? I'm from Nottingham and can't wait to move out and move away from here, not just for the 'proper' Uni experience but also coz of personal reasons - I hate this place with a passion!

I've heard Leeds is very good... why do you think they would reject you tho?

Oh and I'm doing a National Diploma in Health and Social Care (which I hate) and A-level Media Studies (which I love ). What A-levels are you doing?
Mrs.X
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Ahh I see. Whereabouts in London are you now? I'm from Nottingham and can't wait to move out and move away from here, not just for the 'proper' Uni experience but also coz of personal reasons - I hate this place with a passion!

I've heard Leeds is very good... why do you think they would reject you tho?

Oh and I'm doing a National Diploma in Health and Social Care (which I hate) and A-level Media Studies (which I love ). What A-levels are you doing?
East (the worst!). I always got the impression Nottingham was really nice, my old science teacher used to bang on about loving it (though that's probably because she's in such a grotty area now)

They'll reject me BECAUSE they're very good :P I got pretty much average GCSEs (not TSR average of 932849839740937 As) and my A2 predictions for English are just weird. They said in my reference I'm an A grade candidate who lacks exam confidence and for that reason they've predicted me a B

I know people who do Health and Social Care but have no idea of what it actually involves..? Media sounds fun, I'd love to be a director one day and make films like A Clockwork Orange <3 so weird

Besides English I'm doing Drama (occasionally makes me feel like I want to kill myself because of rehearsals), Geography and used to do Biology but I epically flopped. I blame the teacher.

What kinda Journalism do you wanna do?
reddevilleanne
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Mrs.X)
East (the worst!). I always got the impression Nottingham was really nice, my old science teacher used to bang on about loving it (though that's probably because she's in such a grotty area now)

They'll reject me BECAUSE they're very good :P I got pretty much average GCSEs (not TSR average of 932849839740937 As) and my A2 predictions for English are just weird. They said in my reference I'm an A grade candidate who lacks exam confidence and for that reason they've predicted me a B

I know people who do Health and Social Care but have no idea of what it actually involves..? Media sounds fun, I'd love to be a director one day and make films like A Clockwork Orange <3 so weird

Besides English I'm doing Drama (occasionally makes me feel like I want to kill myself because of rehearsals), Geography and used to do Biology but I epically flopped. I blame the teacher.

What kinda Journalism do you wanna do?
Nah, Nottingham isn't nice. There's only really one area that's nice - West Bridgford. Your science teacher probably lived there!

Don't put yourself down, have faith in yourself, I'm sure Leeds would accept an A grade candidate! Just make sure your personal statement is good.

Health and Social Care is the worst subject in the world, it's actually soul destroying. I'm doing a 12 Unit course in 2 years and it's hard work, it's ALL coursework based so it's just constant coursework all day, everyday. But saying that, I got 6 distinctions last year which was alot better than everyone else, so I'm doing alright!

I wanna do print journalism, preferably within music or sport. I've chosen courses that are primarily print based but also have broadcast journalism in too just incase I change my mind.

Oh and as for Biology, I opted to do that at the start of my first year. I went to one lesson and realised I was rubbish so I dropped it! It was only coz at the time I was undecided between Journalism and Midwifery (yeah, I don't know why I'd wanna be a Midwife either...) but realised Journalism is what I've always wanted to do and is right for me. To be honest, the only thing that attracted me to Midwifery is that the fees are free!
jabed786
Rep:
?
yeah I know its a really bad idea to rely on them to help make a decision. But I was implying that they could be one of the factors one could consider when choosing between universities. Thats why I said it make make the OP's mind 'a little'
jabed786
Rep:
?
yeah I know its a really bad idea to rely on them to help make a decision. But I was implying that they could be one of the factors one could consider when choosing between universities. Thats why I said it make make the OP's mind 'a little'
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18
  • University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 9 Jan '19

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (192)
27.83%
No (498)
72.17%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed