Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Quick, to the internetz!!!

ReputationRep:
    People shouldn't really be making fun of this, choking (or almost choking) on something is bloody frightening. Especially if you're by yourself.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by suuuuuuseh)
    Yep, it's quite likely that instead of going down your gullet (the passage which leads to your stomach), it went into your trachea (windpipe -> lungs). It should recover of its own accord; if you don't strain your throat too much and keep drinking/avoiding irritating it, then I'd imagine by this time tomorrow it'll have gone. If you still feel discomfort after a couple of days, then maybe visit your doctor, but it honestly isn't anything to worry about.
    Thanks.
    I was struggling for breath and I really though I was going to die. I felt like my body was pressing out all the air and I did feel like I was going to die.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by layla_1234)
    I am eating egg and toast [....]
    I feel so sick now and my throat is sore.
    well you can't feel that sick or you would have stopped eating by now surely? carrying on eating the toast when you just choked on it and have a sore throat probably isnt the most intelligent thing to do either...

ReputationRep:
    Think it only fair to ask a question NO-ONE has asked! lol

Are you ok???

ReputationRep:
    Thanks can do attitiude.
    I am feeling ok now, it is a huge shock. I live by myself and i seriously thought that was how i was goiong to die. I was shaking for ages What are you supposed to do when you choke???

ReputationRep:
    *Hugs*

ReputationRep:
    But you didn't.

Lol - it would be scary though if you choked on your own. I had to slap my mum's back the other week to stop her choking, it'd be well scary if you had no one there!

ReputationRep:
    TSR- The Layman's Blog

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by #1_Wasteman)
    What d'ya want? A cookie?
    She's having enough trouble trying to eat toast - let's not add to her distress.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by layla_1234)
    I was eating egg and toast and some toast went down the wrong hole I think and I started to cough violently. I had a sip of water and then kept on coughing. I felt I was going to stop breathing.
    I feel so sick now and my throat is sore. I live by myself as well.
    There, There :hugs:

I was about to have egg on toast before I read this thread, perhaps it is an omen :o:

ReputationRep:
    Hey...look on the bright side....could have chocked on something else! :p:

ReputationRep:
    Never heard of the phrase "gone down the wrong way?"

Go to a doctor. FAST. You could die any moment.

ReputationRep:
    Get a house mate?

ReputationRep:
    I hope your ok now
    Be pleased you're alive

ReputationRep:
    Who cares...?

ReputationRep:
    Something like this, but it sounded worse, happened to my cousin. He changed colour and everything, and in the end his mum had to do the - heinekin? -manoeuvre to get rid of it, it sounded really close. He was fine after, but he literally couldn't breath

ReputationRep:
    I few weeks back one of my 'mates' was choking at work, me finding the funny side of any situation start laughing uncontrolably at him instead of asking is he ok etc....my laughter soon turned to worry however when he started turning blue and shaking and I had to do the heineken on him!

I like to think I saved his life! Makes me feel all warm inside!

ReputationRep:
    Lolm i love this thread! i love the comments, make me smile ;DD
    feel 4 u, tho ;>>

ReputationRep:
    Glad we can make you're night m'dear! :-D

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 16, 2008
Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.