Weird body shape is this normal? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
(Original post by Frenchflower)
You're quite flat chested and carry a bit of weight on your tummy. As others have said, work on your posture and tuck your tummy in and you'll be fine. You're perfectly normal. Your backache could be due to poor posture, also.
Theres no weight on my stomach though when I tense it its hard not like fat, I thought the same though it probably wouldn't be as noticable if I wasn't as flat chested.
Ascient
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Amazing bottom :coma: :teeth:
ChloeGsy
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
definitely posture.
i have a bloated stomach like that all the time, it's just the way i am, but if i stand up straight then it looks much better.
it's not as big as you think.
xxharrixx
Badges: 0
Report 10 years ago
on your back, is one side more prominent than the other? ie higher.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by xxharrixx)
on your back, is one side more prominent than the other? ie higher.
No, not that Im aware of anyway.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by ChloeGsy)
definitely posture.
i have a bloated stomach like that all the time, it's just the way i am, but if i stand up straight then it looks much better.
it's not as big as you think.
Yea does it stick out a lot more after you have eaten?
xxharrixx
Report 10 years ago
ok thought I'd check - mine is as I have scoliosis (curvy spine) which makes my back v curvy so wondered if it could be same thing..but good if it's not tbh yours looks completely normal! if you're quite flexible/did ballet or something then could just be that...i have a friend who's v curvy (although v slim) and it's because she's done dance all her life.
ghostbusterbunny
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
It's definitely posture, natural though. I have a curved back very much like yours, makes my bum stick out... Its a natural curvature of your back. If your back isnt hurting, then I wouldnt think there was anything at all to worry about. Your back just curves a little more than the average spine does. Nothing to worry about unless it starts hurting you. The only real thing that can cause problems with a back like ours is larger boobs, which I unfortunately have, that puts a huge stress on curved backs...

There's nothing wrong with your back so dont worry ^_^ if it starts to hurt, then go to a doc, but there's nothing really that he/she can do about the back. There's the option of having it surgically straightened but that's only for if your back is hurting you. Mine also recommended sit ups to try straighten it out a bit, but for me they havent worked, but it might be something that you could try!
RJ555
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Im guessing you may have Lordosis:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lordosis

its a curvature of the spine basically. Go see your GP to check.
GemmyMonster
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Hmm friend is that shape (though I will tell you, it's actually not so noticable with normal clothes on (ie t-shirt and skirt/jeans) - hers is because she has endometriosis and scar tissue has affected her back badly (hard to explain). As said it'll either be some sort of damage, or posture.

I would think you should see a doc, if it is posture they may be able to help, but also worth in case they think it's more.
ChloeGsy
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Yea does it stick out a lot more after you have eaten?
LOADS! My friends call it my 'baby bump' because it seriously justs expands loads after i've eaten and then gradually goes down just in time for the next meal! it's ridiculous! and really annoying because it's quite noticeable sometimes and to people who don't know me it must look odd!
watermelon sugar
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
it's your posture, try standing straighter and pulling your bottom in? my friend has quite a curvyyy bum and a flat stomach but the way she stands makes her tummy stick right out
QuantumTheory
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I have the same thing; but my back's more curvy than yours :/
I guess it's just due to me being double jointed though; I can bend my back so it's at a 90 degree angle, meh.

I didn't add much; but I feel for you, I really do
Anonymous #2
Report 8 years ago
Hey, I'm a guy with the same kind of weird body shape. Have you been able to find a solution since your original postings?
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you like exams?

Yes (205)
18.65%
No (667)
60.69%
Not really bothered about them (227)
20.66%

Watched Threads