Going Steampunk Watch

nanananabatman
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Untitled258)
I think steampunk is cool as a style for everything but fashion really tbh.
Who said we had to wear everything that was fashionable? I have no sense of fashion whatsoever and I look just as good as everyone else.

OP - I love it.
CarlaJade
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I really like it.
Rubaiyat
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
wear what you want, but id just presume that you spend too much time playing video games and have more friends on the internet than in real life.
DominF
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
Well, I don't play computer games and met all my close friends in real life. :p: But it's useful to know what people would think when they looked at me, so thanks.
Syntax Terrier
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Better as fiction than fashion.
Lilio Candidior
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Loose the cane, the hat, the goggles, and for great Jove's sake, don't wear jeans to a shirt+waistcoat.

I personally do dress fairly formal and slightly antiquated. My regular day-to-day clothing involves, a base white shirt (I have several of different cuts and style), a waistcoat and dress pants (which does not need to be same colour or print, the late victorians didn't dress in monochrome either) or slip-over and dress-pants/chinos with that. If the outfit permits it, I usually wear a tie.

Dressing this way is perfectly socially acceptable, but you better be dressing like that often, for only then can it become day-to-day wear, if you just do it occasionally it just looks wierd.

Steampunk style is just fancy-dress, and no one will take you seriously.
M'Lady
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I only like it for fancy dress
Untitled258
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by nanananabatman)
Who said we had to wear everything that was fashionable? I have no sense of fashion whatsoever and I look just as good as everyone else.

OP - I love it.
I didnt say people had to wear cloths that where fashionable.

I said i personally dont rate it as a style of clothing..

Personally i wouldnt want to walk around looking like i had managed to get lost off, the wild wild west film set.
death.drop
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
i like steampunk in moderation. a piece of jewellery here and there, a skirt or a waistcoat or whatever, instead of all out.

it's a shame people do assume you're just trying to be unique because i love the stuff (i'd love to wear the headpieces/goggles, i think they're amazing) but i don't like a lot of attention on what I'm wearing.
sofee
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
it's nice i like all the jewellery that's like cogs and stuff
but only in very small parts..else you risk looking like you're constantly in fancy dress...
Bubblebee
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by death.drop)
i like steampunk in moderation. a piece of jewellery here and there, a skirt or a waistcoat or whatever, instead of all out.

it's a shame people do assume you're just trying to be unique because i love the stuff (i'd love to wear the headpieces/goggles, i think they're amazing) but i don't like a lot of attention on what I'm wearing.
The basic rule with this kind of stuff is one stand out peice pared with a quite plain outfit is going to look awesome, but wearing the full get up will make you look retarded.

I mean, I love my cowboy boots doesn't mean I go about in fringed waistcoats, chaps, kercheifs and a ten gallon hat!
Kätzchen
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I'm fond of steampunk, but it's a hard look to pull off well.
Redemption
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Steampunk is pretty nerdy and so incredibly uncool.

Gothninja, however.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you chained to your phone?

Yes (68)
19.43%
Yes, but I'm trying to cut back (144)
41.14%
Nope, not that interesting (138)
39.43%

Watched Threads