Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    It is possible to like both tea and beer (same for all your other false dichotomies).

And, yeah, you may need a backup lifeplan.

ReputationRep:
    Pull a Bruce Wayne, leave your cushiony life and spend a few years living rough in some forgotten backside of a country.

Whether or not you then become a scary vigilante is up to you.

ReputationRep:
    A cure for snobbishness?

A good hard slap round the chops.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tom//)
    whats one of these '****-slaps'?

gotta get me one of these
    Well, I don't think you'd want one of them Tom...unless you're a closet case.

ReputationRep:
    actually, after reading the whole of this thread if your going to take any advice at all take this: get some common sense.

what is wrong with you?!

i can't believe i even commented/read this thread.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mastermind`)
    Well, I don't think you'd want one of them Tom...unless you're a closet case.
    a closet case?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lucy Pevensie)
    Where in our empire is salford?

Edit: oh! manchester. nah, too dangerous:p:
    1) Britain lost most of its Empire by the '60s.
    2) Stereotypes tended not to be used in open conversation around the same time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tom//)
    a closet case?
    You're gay.

(Notice how I didn't put a question mark on the end of that). :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Nothing wrong with being snobbish as long as you don't rub it in peoples faces, or excel it dramatically upon first meetings.

Most important thing is to just take life with a pinch of salt!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by willenium)
    i just tried to write some serious advice but this is such a stupid question that i physically couldn't

e: although if you want, you could hire me to fill an alastair campbell role for your various electoral campaigns
    Sure i'll remmeber you, but I still dont get why you showed me an aerosmith album that got below average score from the critics.:confused:

(Original post by Hoof)
    it's views and stuff like this that is a large factor. drop it.
    I'll try, but its stuff like this that gets you high grades on exams as I had the Median voter theorem in mind.

ReputationRep:
    Sure i'll remmeber you, but I still dont get why you showed me an aerosmith album that got below average score from the critics.:confused:
    thanks, i charge very reasonable rates. by lucky coincidence that aerosmith album has the song crazy on, which seemed appropriate.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mastermind`)
    You're gay.

(Notice how I didn't put a question mark on the end of that). :yep:
    oh, what if i got one of these '****-slaps' off a stunning lady?
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    I didnt knew you were monitoring my profile so closely. Hows it implausible now? The sweetheart stout?:p:
    Haha not that closely, I just have a look every time I read one of your mildly entertaining posts. Your profile is getting there, though I don't get why you would have to study Biology and Economics separately when you could take them as part of the IB. You also haven't provided the complete set of estimated sample statistics for your Student's t-distribution, or even the degrees of freedom.

ReputationRep:
    Epic.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by tom//)
    Either you're joking and I can't tell or you haven't grasped the concept of a '****-slap'. Probably the former.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tom//)
    A stunning ladyboy? Whatever turns you on, I guess.

ReputationRep:
    I'll try, but its stuff like this that gets you high grades on exams as I had the Median voter theorem in mind.
    Life, however, isn't an exam. If it were, many more of us, myself included, would be getting U grades. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    eg tea vs beer, books vs computer games, urban vs countryside preference, classic music vs ghetto music, movies that require analytic abilities to understand vs simple action movies. How to cure and become more populist but not rah?
    ummm i like tea & beer? :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alex_hk90)
    Either you're joking and I can't tell or you haven't grasped the concept of a '****-slap'. Probably the former.
    just someone tell me what a '****-slap' is?

or ill have to post in H&R

ReputationRep:
    You're not a true snob, true snobs don't think they have a problem!

Poll
Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.