Ultimate Business Studies AQA unit 4 thread Watch

x_LiNk_x
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Why are you doing Business Chaoslord?

Will this be your third year at sixth form?

Didn't you get an offer from Cambridge?
Chaoslord
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
(Original post by x_LiNk_x)
Why are you doing Business Chaoslord?

Will this be your third year at sixth form?

Didn't you get an offer from Cambridge?
wow you lurk me

yea but then i decided to take a gap year and reapply cause cambridge turned me down after getting a 3 in step :shifty:

so since i didnt finish off the A2 in business (i dropped it to try and do an A level in physics in a year as opposed to the planned AS) i thought, hey im on a gap i might as well do another A level =D:woo:
Chaoslord
Rep:
?
(Original post by IanDangerously)
Financial Accounting - Ratios and Formulas Notes: click here

For depreciation use:

d = C( 1 - \frac{C - R}{n})

as opposed to

d = 100C(1- n\sqrt\frac{R}{C})

cheers man =]
x_LiNk_x
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Chaoslord)
wow you lurk me

yea but then i decided to take a gap year and reapply cause cambridge turned me down after getting a 3 in step :shifty:

so since i didnt finish off the A2 in business (i dropped it to try and do an A level in physics in a year as opposed to the planned AS) i thought, hey im on a gap i might as well do another A level =D:woo:
Lurk you?
Chaoslord
Rep:
?
(Original post by x_LiNk_x)
Lurk you?
you just seem to know a lot about me .... xD

edit: lurk = internet stalk
IanDangerously
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
cheers man =]
Your welcome :p: .... theres probably a few formulas you wont need in there so just ignore those ones lol

And at least you chose the easiest a-level to do during your gap year anyway.
miz_perfecto
Badges: 0
Report 10 years ago
its in unit 5, some depending on when you're doing the exams may chose to teach it this term
hey i spoke to the business coordinator today and he even said we have to revse people and operations as its in the exam from looking at past papers ive realised this is so true stupid damm specfification so misguiding and like noone in our class knows we have to revise that so know ive gone back to ******** myself so could you please right some notes for me please would realli apprcaite it thanks
IanDangerously
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by miz_perfecto)
hey i spoke to the business coordinator today and he even said we have to revse people and operations as its in the exam from looking at past papers ive realised this is so true stupid damm specfification so misguiding and like noone in our class knows we have to revise that so know ive gone back to ******** myself so could you please right some notes for me please would realli apprcaite it thanks
Here's a list of the things you need to know for Unit 4:

13.1: Market Analysis - Asset vs market led marketing, extrapolation and correlation

13.2: Marketing Strategy - decision making, scientific marketing vs hunches

13.3: Marketing Planning - Marketing mix, marketing budget, sales forecasting

13.4: Company Accounts - capital expenditure, revenue expenditure, interpreting profit and loss accounts and balance sheets, working capital, depreciation provisions, Window dressing

13.5: Ratio Analysis - liquidity, efficiency, profitability, gearing, shareholders and limitations (see my notes on Financial Accounting)

13.6: Contribution and Break-even analysis

13.7: Investment Decision-making - forecasting cash-flows, quantitative appraisal with payback, ARR and NPV, qualititative factors affecting decisiosn
Chaoslord
Rep:
?
Here's a list of the things you need to know for Unit 4:

13.1: Market Analysis - Asset vs market led marketing, extrapolation and correlation

13.2: Marketing Strategy - decision making, scientific marketing vs hunches

13.3: Marketing Planning - Marketing mix, marketing budget, sales forecasting

13.4: Company Accounts - capital expenditure, revenue expenditure, interpreting profit and loss accounts and balance sheets, working capital, depreciation provisions, Window dressing

13.5: Ratio Analysis - liquidity, efficiency, profitability, gearing, shareholders and limitations (see my notes on Financial Accounting)

13.6: Contribution and Break-even analysis

13.7: Investment Decision-making - forecasting cash-flows, quantitative appraisal with payback, ARR and NPV, qualititative factors affecting decisiosn
agreed, but according to some people past papers suggest otherwise, i haven't seen any questions o the like, could someone point out a paper? just so i know how deep to make notes for people and ops. I reckon if we need it it'll only be brief notes
IanDangerously
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
agreed, but according to some people past papers suggest otherwise, i haven't seen any questions o the like, could someone point out a paper? just so i know how deep to make notes for people and ops. I reckon if we need it it'll only be brief notes
Are you sure they aren't thinking of Unit 2 or 5? :confused:

I never recall doing any people and ops questions in unit 4 when I did it lol.
miz_perfecto
Report 10 years ago
Are you sure they aren't thinking of Unit 2 or 5? :confused:

I never recall doing any people and ops questions in unit 4 when I did it lol.
no even though its on the spec as unit 5 its still in unit 4 exam look at the past papers and you'll see
Belkin
Report 9 years ago
Hi. I'm doing courseworkfor unit 5, and I've just done the accounting ratios for the company. My result for gearing is 187%, which seems incredibly high. This is for a small convenience store. What would you comment about this? Thanks.
artcrazy
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
anything above 50% is risky but as long as you can pay it back and interest rates don't rise! but omg 187% is very high!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18
  • University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 9 Jan '19

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (199)
27.95%
No (513)
72.05%

Watched Threads