?
Report 10 years ago
Is that the only night you sleep out?
Schleigg
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
No, the Bivvi night is just to teach you how to live outdoors.

You will sleep out on all the major exercises.

Dynamic 1 & 2
FDTC Fairbourne
Ex MIL AID
Ex Decisive Edge 1 & 2
FDTC Grantown On Spey

If you pass through successfully the first time, you will have spent roughly a month sleeping out.
Tomm_UK
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Oh right, cool. I thought that one night was a bit odd. Cheers.
Robinf20
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by GR29KHS)
Where do they do Bivvi night these days? I know it's not in the comfort of Reeves plantation anymore.
Proteus Training Area is the current location as far as i am aware (or was for IOT 9 and 10!)
GR29KHS
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
OK, thought it might be. I suspect that if the Regt had their way you'd be doing it on Exmoor or something.

When I was on bivvi night we did it in Reeves plantation. It was day 2 (after the 2nd night) so we'd had the customary punishment of doing 'reaction to effective enemy fire' up and down the football pitches in the mud with our rifles. We were tired, muddy, wet and hungry.

Later that morning we were all ushered up to the Quaboos because the CDT team were in. Oh dear, we had to sit in the nice warm room for ages, waiting, eating nice cakes that SSAFA were selling. The Regt guys were looking up at us from the football pitches below absolutely seething.

When life hands you one it's absolutely brilliant!
blimy
Badges: 0
Report 10 years ago
Its still Proteus, was awful weather when I did it. Dynamic 1 you don't sleep out anymore.
PasserBy9
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by blimy)
Its still Proteus, was awful weather when I did it. Dynamic 1 you don't sleep out anymore.
*Cough* ... *Splutter* ... *Choke*

No wonder the Army keeps thinking we don't do any field work.
GR29KHS
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I don't remember sleeping out on Dynamic 1, we slept out for 3 nights on Dynamic 2 (formerly Apex 2)
Wzz
  • CV Helper
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
APEX 2 used to be entirely outdoors, if I remember right.
Schleigg
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
My Bad, You don't sleep out on Dynamic 1. You just get marched over to the North airfield 5 minutes before 5 minutes before 5 minutes before 5 minutes before 5 minutes before 5 minutes before 5 minutes before 5 minutes before 5 minutes before 5 minutes before 5 minutes before etc etc etc
GR29KHS
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Schleigg you're giving me nightmares
GritChimpMk1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Schleigg)
My Bad, You don't sleep out on Dynamic 1. You just get marched over to the North airfield 5 minutes before 5 minutes before 5 minutes before 5 minutes before 5 minutes before 5 minutes before 5 minutes before 5 minutes before 5 minutes before 5 minutes before 5 minutes before etc etc etc
Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrhhhhhhh! Term 1 memories! Much like block jobs, the black bottle, one left right one and annex runs......toname afew
GR29KHS
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
ahhhhh, annex runs
Schleigg
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
No annex crawls?
GritChimpMk1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Only crawlling in week 9....along with playing football, carrying fully jerry cans, stretcher races and various other games ............all while in 4 romeo! lol

Cant do annex runs any more....there are portacabins in the way! So they are now cabin runs..lol
Schleigg
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
What's with the Portacabins? They need more RTF Classrooms?
GritChimpMk1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Never bothered to find out before I left, just glad to get out of the place :p:

More then likely for the increase in takes they need my classrooms/instructors.
Isis07
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by blimy)
So far:

Hated - Bivvy weekend (constant rain)

Average - APS
Written comms

Loved - Static
Dynamic
PT
No1 mess bar and port
all the rest really!
You're brave telling us what IOT you're on and having an opinion on the course pre-graduation.

Mind i'm sure I can be pegged quick enough on here, and I've been very honest at times.
Wzz
  • CV Helper
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Isis07)
You're brave telling us what IOT you're on and having an opinion on the course pre-graduation.

Mind i'm sure I can be pegged quick enough on here, and I've been very honest at times.
There are a few people (some of whom no longer post) who've fallen foul of being too easily identifiable here when they're going through IOT. Do be careful!
GR29KHS
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I was spotted and identified but never talked to about what I posted on here. It's very much dependant on what you write. I was careful. (I only knew they knew because a post of mine was once used as an example on the bawc course and I got the mickey taken out of me, in a friendly way, by one of my flt cdrs).

One person got in trouble with their whole flight because a post on here resulted in an inspection of everyone's 'personal' drawers and cupboards during term 1.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have any savings?

Yes (115)
72.78%
No (43)
27.22%

Watched Threads