Just had Uni friend have go at me :( Watch

Rosaaa
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I think you've done the right thing - he can't always rely on you!
If there's an exam, you're not going to be able to sit next to him telling him the answers.

Personally, I hate having to ask for help from friends.
It's usually best to ask a lecturer/tutor anyways, as friends might not always know the right answer or method for doing something (not saying that you didn't know, just giving an example).
INTit
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
You will enjoy the core "Interactive systems" module next year AKA web dev 2. Writing a sql database driven site using css, html & php. You're going to love helping him with this one
Phantom Phoenix
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I still get this, it annoys the hell out of me. You're doing nothing wrong, OP - this guy has to learn to sink or swim on his own.
cascadingstylez
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
(Original post by INTit)
You will enjoy the core "Interactive systems" module next year AKA web dev 2. Writing a sql database driven site using css, html & php. You're going to love helping him with this one
Again, that is the area of work that I specialize in, but I am NOT looking forward to helping him with that. It's a little more tricky explaining how to use PDO to connect to a database using PHP. And then explaining all the PDO functions to him. He has a hard time understanding the difference between an ID and a class.

I really wouldn't like to explain ORM to him.

FORGET THAT!
Valjean
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Tell him "Sorry, I have my own work to do. Gotta go." and then block him on MSN during the times when you can't be bothered with him pestering you.
Captain Biggles
Badges: 2
Report 10 years ago
There's no "Relying On Others" degree anywhere. Tell him to get to...
chevman
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
i empathise with the guy struggling with his course.i used to be in this situation cos i went for a course that i stood no chance of passing last year in a university that is renowned as number 1 in that field in the world.i was amazed at how frustrating life could be if you are struggling and/or almost hopeless academically.

i persevered till the end but i failed the exams gallantly before dropping out.i now have a fresh start studying a course that i'm very.very enthusiastic about in a decent uni(although not a top one).the reason for relating this story is just to get in across that it doesn't worth the effort and the stress if you are doing an academic course that you lack the necessary foundation and aptitude to suceed in.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1388)
79.59%
Leave (356)
20.41%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed