My School friend is engaged!! Watch

SpiritedAway
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
my mum was married when she was 17 to my dad (19) because my mum was pregnant with me. and nearly 18 years later they're still together.
so it might work
jaz_jaz
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
A girl is engaged in my year (year 12) and marries in year 13 :eek:
SO YOUNG IMO.
stosie
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I don't think it's how young you are, but how young the relationship is. I do think you need some life experience before getting married but by 20-22 some people do have this especially if they've lived on their own for a while.

I have two experiences of young marriage,

my grandparents got married at 21 and 24 and have now been happily married for 66 years.

my dad got married at 20 and it failed after 6 years, I haven't ever met her but I know that she ran off with someone else and he says that he wasn't mature enough at the time and got married too young. So it can go either way.

I personally have been with my boyfriend for 5 years (I'm 21) and we have been talking about marriage for about 3 years but want to wait til we can afford a really nice wedding since we only plan on doing it once.

I would say be supportive of your friend and try to understand that some people are ready for long term relationships much earlier than others.
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you like exams?

Yes (205)
18.65%
No (667)
60.69%
Not really bothered about them (227)
20.66%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise