Turn on thread page Beta

Turning 20 watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I just turned 18 for the third time.

ReputationRep:
    I'm 19 on the 28th and don't want to turn 19! It's such a weird age!

ReputationRep:
    i said 20 not 19!!!!

ReputationRep:
    i turned 20 and hated it. Its just that you are no longer a teenager, but an "adult". but its just weird as i feel the same as i did when i was 18 lol. You'll be fine. It was weird turning 20 and because i turned 20 first in my group of friends everyone made jokes such as get the anti wrinkle cream out etc. You will be fine. I think that 20 is old when comparing yourself to teenagers etc, but young when you think of someone who is an adult like someone aged 25. if that makes sense. you'll be fine

ReputationRep:
    Turning 20 didn't bother me at all, most of my friends are older so I got used to the idea through when they all turned 20, if that makes sense. Tbh, I quite often forgot I was still only 19 when someone asked how old I was!!

ReputationRep:
    It was quite nice. I had chocolate cake. And a good night out with my friends. Other than that it was totally unremarkable. Hardly anyone gives me birthday cards or presents now I'm a grown up, and I'm too old to get a party until I can afford to throw one for myself, so birthdays from now on I guess will go pretty much unnoticed. Being 20 doesn't make me feel old. But seeing 18 year old freshers and thinking they look really young kind of does. Or hearing that people I went to school with have jobs and/or babies now (more babies than jobs, I think).

ReputationRep:
    20 is just the start of the dreaded 30's.
    sorry, im not making you feel better
    20 is so young!!!

ReputationRep:
    At least you can do anything (almost). I can't do bugger all at 17!

ReputationRep:
    You realise how much you miss being a kid

ReputationRep:
    The change is gradual as you get older, you don't suddenly wake up a year older.

ReputationRep:
    I am 20 and I feel like I'm 15!

Poll
Are you chained to your phone?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.