Do you love your nephews and nieces the way you should? Watch

N1c
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I'd do anythin for my neices, one lives with us so she's like a younger sister.
PinkMobilePhone
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by **CutiePie**)
Your children are adorable!
thank you
Annie72
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I have 4 nephews and 3 nieces. I only see them about once a year if I go down south. I dont love them like their my own kids though.
claireythepinkfairy
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Aww I love my niece, shes adorable. Shes just turned 7 so is in a HSM and Hannah Montana phase (both of which I secretly love :ninja:) but I only see her a few times a year because she lives 3/4 hours away.
Emmaleuk
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I love my niece and nephew to pieces and would do anything for them :-)
CheesyBeans
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I love my nephew to bits. He was very ill as a baby and at one point we were told he wouldn't last the night and I kind of think this has something to do which how much I care for him. He's amazing though. He's 2 and a half and so cute and funny at the moment but I only get to see him about once every 1 or 2 months as I don't live near my family. I always see him at my parents house though as I'm not very close to my Brother and never really have been as he's 10 years older than me. I always look forward to seeing my nephew as he changes so much. I just hope a time doesn't come when I only see him at Christmas.
marlyly
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I have two or three cousins/neices, but as I can't even remember how many I have exactly, you can probably guess how much they mean to me.
cookieboy
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Simpsonsmania)
I mean, do they mean a lot to you?

Would you scarifice yourself for them as though they were own children?

My nephew and niece come every sat'day... I love them so much, seriosuly they make my day They are nice little kids and they like me too Even when I have work to do and I go up they want me to come back heheh

My work sometimes means I very hardly see them on some weekends and thats when i feel like i should have spent more time with them
louboutin*
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Without a doubt I would do anything for them, my niece is 5 and my nephew is 18 months and I see them at least once a week.I'm glad I have a close relationship with them and I can be the cool younger aunty when they grow up!
d123
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I don't have any, hopefully I will some day but not for a while - my brothers are 10 and 14 so a while to wait yet
balloon_parade
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I don't have any, although one is on the way for Jan!

I don't think I'll love him like I do my daughter as it is a unique bond. But it doesn't mean I won't love him, I just won't love him as much! I can't wait to have a baby I can cuddle and play with, then give back!
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I don't even know all their names
Howells
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by georgia)
I don't have any nephews and nieces and I hope I don't have any for a very long time considering my cousins are either younger than me, or older and incredibly irresponsible and would make terrible parents at the moment!
Nieces and nephews are the children of your siblings, not cousins

And my three nephews are more like little brothers to me as I see them 4 or 5 times a week, so yes I would do anything for them
River85
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by georgia)
I don't have any nephews and nieces and I hope I don't have any for a very long time considering my cousins are either younger than me, or older and incredibly irresponsible and would make terrible parents at the moment!
But your cousins' children wouldn't be your nephews or nieces. They'd be your cousins (once removed).

I've never been close to my uncles or aunts. On my mother's side there's just too many of them, they are a bit more scattered around (ie. not in the same village like my father's side) and much older (most of them close to or even the same age as my paternal grandparents). On my father's side I only have two uncles. Despite living in the same village I'd never been close to them. They've never really made the effort with me which is strange as I'm very close to my cousin, we are the same age and used to be more brother and sister. My parents certainly made the effort for her.....

So, when it comes to me being an uncle (if it ever happens), I'd like to be closer to my nieces/nephews than my aunts and uncles were to me. I can't see it happening though. Especially when you take into account the large geographic distance there'll no doubt be.
georgia
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Howells)
Nieces and nephews are the children of your siblings, not cousins
(Original post by River85)
But your cousins' children wouldn't be your nephews or nieces. They'd be your cousins (once removed).
Yeah, I know, I had a blonde moment so to speak.

:ashamed:
Teao the Cat
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
It amazes me how many people seem to think that cousins and nephews/nieces are the same! Personally, mine have upset me quite a few times... we don't really know each other so well, as we live in diffrernt contries, and they are very self centered, spoilt children.
Liverpool's Number 9
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
What a strange thread.
play_it_again
Report 10 years ago
I love my niece so much. She is only 2 1/2 weeks old and is amazing.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you chained to your phone?

Yes (23)
16.91%
Yes, but I'm trying to cut back (54)
39.71%
Nope, not that interesting (59)
43.38%

Watched Threads